Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Will the madness ever end?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Will the madness ever end?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyGP;745263....[SIZE=3
Iíve always been told that ignorance is not an excuse. When will people learn that they are accountable, and take responsibility for their own situation in life? When will they take responsibility for their own security, social status, and wellbeing? When will they stop expecting these things to be provided, or owed, to them?[/SIZE]

When they stop getting "participation" awards, when they get a whuppin instead of adderall, when the hand that feeds then STOPS feeding them. Why work for it when someone will give it to you for free???

It is no longer "in" to be individually responsible. That's WAY too much work... Our children are setup for failure from the beginning.

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists | Fox News

^^^ Probably one of the best articles I've read in quite a while.

t

Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Platinum Member

On a lighter note.

I read somewhere yesterday that there are over 1 million P-Mags on backorder.... wish I held stock in MagPul!

t

Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyGP View Post
I also find it interesting that the media is scoffing us for being afraid that a little regulation to our freedom will lead to the eradication of freedom. I also heard the media say that ARs are weapons designed for war. So where did Mouser rifles come from? If I remember right the ARs were designed around a varmint cartridge.
There are a few things Iíve learned. History repeats itself, time after time. Our founding fathers were some of the most intelligent people. It must be the shoddy education that has failed to pass on the comprehension of our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. This situation has been cultivated where greed can take over ignorance. Iíve always been told that ignorance is not an excuse. When will people learn that they are accountable, and take responsibility for their own situation in life? When will they take responsibility for their own security, social status, and wellbeing? When will they stop expecting these things to be provided, or owed, to them?
The people have been conditioned for far to long. they won't stop expecting these things to be provided for them until there is nothing to provide. At that point who knows what will happen but it won't be pretty

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
When they stop getting "participation" awards, when they get a whuppin instead of adderall, when the hand that feeds then STOPS feeding them. Why work for it when someone will give it to you for free???

It is no longer "in" to be individually responsible. That's WAY too much work... Our children are setup for failure from the beginning.

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists | Fox News

^^^ Probably one of the best articles I've read in quite a while.

You sir are correct. I say bring it on and force them to be self accountable. They either learn or twist in the wind.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Amen on the "participation" awards. That ain't the way I grew up. That's definitely the madness that needs to go away.

Back on subject, I can't believe the run on everything related. Got lucky and had a couple lowers and parts kits, a few new uppers and now you can't find reloading supplies! I wonder how many primers have actually been sold in the last month.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitball View Post
Amen on the "participation" awards. That ain't the way I grew up. That's definitely the madness that needs to go away.

Back on subject, I can't believe the run on everything related. Got lucky and had a couple lowers and parts kits, a few new uppers and now you can't find reloading supplies! I wonder how many primers have actually been sold in the last month.
It appears to be all of em! , sorry, couldn't resist that one.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Except for shotgun. I don't reload them...but I have to start.