Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Will the madness ever end?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold Member

Will the madness ever end?!?!

I was at the gun shop yesterday and a complete stranger overheard me talking about my little RRA Coyote Carbine (stock upper, lower with some basic goodies) He approached me in the parking lot and offered me $2500 with the glass or $2000 w/o. I've got maybe $800 into the rifle and $350 for the glass. It's just a beater truck gun, and I've abused it badly... very badly. After telling him I'd think about it and taking his # I got to thinking. How long is this maddness going to last? I've been asking everyones opinion on the matter. My answers have varried from a month or two more, to indeffinately. Looks like the legislation won't pass, but they can just change the wording of the old assault weapon ban by executive order... and we're all screwed. I know there's some folks around here that are in-the-know. So I'd like to hear what your thoughts are.

(On a side note, my RRA is still behind the seat of the pickup, where it will stay, until it's taken out of my cold dead hand... next to a big pile of brass)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Gold Member

Re: Will the madness ever end?!?!

It will end if this latest threat is killed. Most people, the average person shopping for one right now will go back to sleep. The whole process will start back up very soon with the next mention of an assault on freedom. Which is already being planned weather this one stands or falls in january or the next one stands or falls in march. Make no mistake the people that did not get one last time it dropped off, will stop worrying again and panic again next time it comes up. Panic and procrastination go hand in hand.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Silver Member

sell it!!!! Then PM me I have some spare parts build your own the way you want.

john
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

I don't see the current panic buying spree slowing down any time soon. Try to find/buy any 30rd Pmags if you really want a laugh. People are selling them for upwards of $75 a piece.

Now all the ammo and reloading supplies around me are gone again. The last time (2008), it took around a year to slow down.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogallala_1 View Post
sell it!!!! Then PM me I have some spare parts build your own the way you want.

john
Tempting, but replacing the lower scares me too much. If you happen to have a lower that you'll sell for the $100 I payed for this one, let's do it! But, I was looking for a new lower for a Grendel build when this whole nightmare started. Now I can't find one anywhere (without being edit tt on the price). Let's all just hope that people start standing up for their rights before it's too late.

Last edited by ADMIN; 12-31-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Gold Member

Thought I seen on Alexander arms website. 6.5 grendel stamped lowers for $100
Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for tip - just ordered two stripped lowers for my daughter and I for new builds...now we will see how long it will take!
Donna