Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

SONS of Guns??!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Re: SONS of Guns??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standbanger View Post
How do you make a mistake big enough to lose your FFL if that is your business ie; gun sales, gunsmithing ???
I've heard they lost track of 10 AK-47s. Take it with a grain of "I heard it on the internet" salt though. Who knows.

I tried to like the show but the reality TV show aspect, the drama queen aspect, and Will's seeming like a standup guy on one level but his grandstanding and atrocious management "style" left me cold. I shudder.

Throw in the "it's a game changer", or "it's never been done before" lies and I had to stop watching. A piston AR has never been done before? Really? Having seen behind the scenes, and hearing some reports of stunningly long delays in delivery of work, I wouldn't use them for anything nor would I buy anything of theirs I see for sale elsewhere. They won't suffer from loss of my business, lol, plenty of people who see the show seem to be lining up to give them money. Good on them I guess.

My $.02 anyway.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 PM

I like the ak variant 1000 yard sniper rifle , one question bout it "WHY"?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geartow View Post
I like the ak variant 1000 yard sniper rifle , one question bout it "WHY"?
The "WHY" doesn't matter. It's mired in BS on several levels anyway. One of the reasons the project was spawned was that a soldier could have match grade accuracy with AK ammo that they could pick up off the ground.

LOL!! They ended up chambering that rifle in 7.62x51 (.308 Win). Other than 240 gunners and snipers the 7.62x51 is a round US soldiers don't normally carry. How in the H is a guy carrying an AK with a .308 chamber supposed to safely shoot 7.62x39 ammunition he picked up off the ground?

Also, if you watch closely, the group they shot at close range was patched. When the gun was fired the patch blew off or was pulled off to display a shot group.

Let's not forget the approach angle of the bullet going in to the vehicle too. Do you really think they expect me to believe no bullet arc is involved with a .308 at a 1000 yards? For the bullet to travel through the windshield, through the car, and out the back window to hit the exploding man is physically impossible for a .308 at 1000 yards.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Bronze Member

If you do some digging, you will find out the Will and daughter did lose track of some guns, the feds jerked their license, they did some quick stepping, and now Joe Meaux holds the FFL and is the listed owner. Changed the name of the business slightly during all the maneuvering. What is telling is the number of complaints with the BBB against Red Jacket. Seems like since their show started, they can't keep up with demand, and custom orders are taking forever, longer than promised, and mistakes are being made. At some point, they are going to have to choose whether to be a mass producer of guns, or only do custom one-offs, as they are doing a seemingly lousy job at both. And the drama is scripted for TV. I don't care to watch it. I switched to some much more refined reality TV: Swamp People and Duck Dynasty.