Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Sling for a Magpul PRS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: Sling for a Magpul PRS?

My AR has a PRS and I currently have a old school GI web sling on it.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64

Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM

I use these they are awesome.

Cascadia Armament Design - home of the Quick Disconnect Sling Plate Mod 1 and Mod 2 for the Magpul PRS, Get your CAD gear here!

I initially got a single but I like having ambi QD depending on the position I shoot from so I got the Mod2 as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM

I hate to admit it but Cascadia Armament Design (CAD) is one of the biggest jokes and ripoffs in the gun industry today! I ordered from them almost 2 months ago and the owner refuses to return anyone's phone calls or emails. You are immediately charged for the product through the web site and then you hear nothing.

I had to join the AR15.com forum to try to contact the owner. After a couple weeks went by I got a response saying that he just got a new batch in from the anodizer and the shipments were ready to go out on Monday. That was over a month ago.

I have since had to file a dispute with my credit card company to reverse the charges. I have read and heard from COUNTLESS people who have had this same thing happen to them. This is not a way to run a business!

Brownell's also sells a product like this but they never have theirs in stock either. I'm tempted to pay the money and change out my stock just so I can get a sling on it.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM

I made two orders from them (probably a month apart) and got the products in about a weeks time frame both times.

Sorry you had a crappy experience with them.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

Don't give up on your prs yet. slings go on them pretty easy. All you have to do is put the sling attachment point on the side you want it on.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

I am looking for a sling that has plastic(?) coated clips to attach to my Colt M4 sling swivels. I need them to be silent while deer hunting. Any suggestions?

joseph
Old 09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
I am looking for a sling that has plastic(?) coated clips to attach to my Colt M4 sling swivels. I need them to be silent while deer hunting. Any suggestions?

joseph
I think I'm settling on this one:

Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Application Padded Sling - product summary - Bing Shopping

joseph