Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

RRA predator pursuit 16"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Bronze Member

Re: RRA predator pursuit 16"

The Burris is a good mount and no it won't move your scope too far forward, especially with a collaspable stock, but even with the A2 stock it came with the mount is fine. Also if you are going to use Nikon check out their M-223 scopes as those are specifically made for the AR. I recommend black hills as well, and yes the red box factory ammo is awesome. It's again designed for these rifles. Definitely go with the 5.56 69gr OTM its a great round for yotes, and it will take down a Hog with good shot placement. Check out Nikon's website and you'll see the AR scopes they are pretty good and not to expensive. As for your RRA rifle you got a good price if it wasn't used much. Good luck and enjoy your rifle. If you have any questions PM me I build them custom for friends and have built my own for years.

There are better scopes and better mounts but for what you have I think that the Burris mount and one of Nikon's AR scopes will do you just fine for what you are looking to do. If the barrel is 1-9 twist rate don't go above 69gr for bullet size as sometimes they have trouble stabilizing larger rounds past 100yds.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the help! I ended up with the Nikon prostaff 3-9x40. i don't plan on using this gun further than 300 yds and didn't want to clutter up the scope with the BDC, with only 7" of drop at 300 hold over shouldn't be an issue. I also ended up with the Nikon 2 piece mount and am pleased with it so far.

I went and shot it and thought I bought a lemon. using TULAMO and indenpendence ammo it would only hold a 5 shot 2" group at 100 using a bipod and rear bag. However after i shot some hornady v-max 55g it will put 5 inside 5/8 no proplem.

I also checked my trail cams and hogs are moving back to the bottoms and moving during the day so it looks like I'll get to try it out soon.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

Be sure and post picks.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Silver Member

I have a RRA 20" predator pursuit. I love it so much I have purchased an extra barrel because I going to wear this one out in the near future. Its scary accurate and will serve skilled hands very well. Barrel length is a matter of personal preference so you are on your own there. $700.00 for a predator pursuit rifle in good condition is a really good deal. If I didn't already have one I would buy it even if I prefer the 20" barrel. Thats the beauty of an AR15, they are so easy to work on. shoot the snot of the current barrel then replace it with what ever you want. I say buy it.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 09-21-2013, 07:16 PM

here are a couple pics of my new gun and the two groups i shot today.
both are 10 shot groups shot with out letting the barrel cool. The first group is with Hornady varment 55g vmax and is 7/8" center to center. the second is federal 100 pk from wally world and is 1-3/8" center to center. better than i expected from a gas gun.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
RRA predator pursuit 16"-phone-389.jpg   RRA predator pursuit 16"-phone-390.jpg  

RRA predator pursuit 16"-phone-391.jpg   RRA predator pursuit 16"-phone-392.jpg