Thank you, my apologies for skimping on the description. I wasn't sure that I'd even get any lookie-lous.
It's pretty simple really. I googled Kryptek Camo Pattern Stencil in Google Images and found this.
Kryptek | REPTILEHOUSEBLOG
I must admit, I'm not a big fan of paying for something that I can do myself, so I "borrowed" the patterns by "screenshot" and pasting into an Adobe File. I simply printed these to standard 8.5 x 11 paper and taped them to sign painters vinyl (stickers). Then I used an Xacto knife to cut through the paper stencil and the top layer of the vinyl.
Rifle Prep - I am by no means an expert on this and I'm wondering if I didn't do a good enough job. My AR was brand new when I started this, so I was worried about how smooth the surface was and whether or not there were any factory applied chemicals that would interfere with paint adherence. I took the redneck approach to this problem and just scuffed up the surface of the rifle, scope and rings with some emory cloth. It took me about 3 hours to tape off the scope and all of the areas of the rifle that I didn't want paint (holes and ports). Then I sprayed a full can of Brake cleaner, wiped it down and sprayed about half a can of Krylon Paint Prep (similar to brake cleaner but is advertised to leave no residue and is specifically designed for painting).
First coat of Paint was the Brownells AlumaHyde II in Desert Tan - I coated the entire rifle with one even coat (as thin as I could make it). Then I let it completely dry for a few days. Next, I applied all of my stencils and started spraying over the stencils with Earth Brown and a green from Krylon. Once those colors dried, I removed stencils and then sprayed some more green and brown (just a light dusting) to break up the harsh lines. This last step isn't represented in the photo as I did that after the photo.
Anyway, this was my first attempt at the Kryptek theme. If I were to do it again, I'd LOVE to buy an old oven so I can use an airbrush and the Ceracote products as I think a baked finish would be more durable and the airbrush would allow for much more detail in the camo pattern.
Thanks for looking.