Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Nikon m223 scope mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: Nikon m223 scope mount?

Cody, The Nikon M-223 AR mount's are made in the USA. While I am a fan of the 1 piece AR mount, I was impressed by our new P-Series mount's. Lots of different application's that is for sure.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman940 View Post
Cody, The Nikon M-223 AR mount's are made in the USA. While I am a fan of the 1 piece AR mount, I was impressed by our new P-Series mount's. Lots of different application's that is for sure.
Thanx Bart, I meant to say "Bman could shed..." in my last post, not that I don't value what Dennis had to say as well, but... brain fart... But I was hoping you'd give me an answer. I'm glad to see that they're made in USA. Do the M223s have the Nikon Lifetime Warranty as well? And where do you think I find the best price?
Thanx
Cody
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

The warranty on the mount's is 1 year. Sadly I am constantly taking scope's on and off all the time so I bet mine get abused a lot more then most. Swapping out scope's once you get dialed in is hard to do but using different scope's is part of my job. A fun part I might add! So I am at the range tool kit in hand minimum 3 time's a month but usually more. It's always a good time taking someone not familiar with our product's and showing them how everything comes together. Can't wait for the new P-223 Scope to come out. I know there is a lot of interest in it right now just because it is a good scope for under $200.
This is one of my favorite scope's and rifles. DPMS and M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle. It clean's up everythign inside of 200 yards!
Huge fun!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...0/KathynAR.jpg
Old 02-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
The warranty on the mount's is 1 year. Sadly I am constantly taking scope's on and off all the time so I bet mine get abused a lot more then most. Swapping out scope's once you get dialed in is hard to do but using different scope's is part of my job. A fun part I might add! So I am at the range tool kit in hand minimum 3 time's a month but usually more. It's always a good time taking someone not familiar with our product's and showing them how everything comes together. Can't wait for the new P-223 Scope to come out. I know there is a lot of interest in it right now just because it is a good scope for under $200.
This is one of my favorite scope's and rifles. DPMS and M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle. It clean's up everythign inside of 200 yards!
Huge fun!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...0/KathynAR.jpg
Good lookin stick, is the tan Duracoat? What's the difference between the M223 and the P223? I hate to part one of my CZs with it's glass, so the "less than $200" seems worth a look. Not that I mind spending the extra $$$for another Monarch, but I've already spent too much on this rig (and I haven't picked up my furniture for it yet)

Since I'm picking your brain anyway, I saw something a while back about a Nikon, caliber specific (or maybe load specific) turret, or reticle, or maybe it was the whole scope. I can't remember anything about it at all. I've used Leupy custom turrets, but they were a little spendy. Depending on how the system works, I thought I might get it going for this rig.
Thanx
Cody
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
Good lookin stick, is the tan Duracoat? What's the difference between the M223 and the P223? I hate to part one of my CZs with it's glass, so the "less than $200" seems worth a look. Not that I mind spending the extra $$$for another Monarch, but I've already spent too much on this rig (and I haven't picked up my furniture for it yet)

Since I'm picking your brain anyway, I saw something a while back about a Nikon, caliber specific (or maybe load specific) turret, or reticle, or maybe it was the whole scope. I can't remember anything about it at all. I've used Leupy custom turrets, but they were a little spendy. Depending on how the system works, I thought I might get it going for this rig.
Thanx
Cody
The P-Series is built on the PROSTAFF line of scopes. The New P-223 will be a 3-9 BDC reticle. Built around the .223, 55gr. bullet and 3240 fps MV. There is also a fixed 3X in the P-223 Series as well.
We came out with the caliber Specific Turret's last year but really started getting them out in July. Some of the guy's I have chaated with who have them are very impressed. I still don't have a set but will soon. I just need to figure out which cal. 300 win or .257 wbymag.
You will be able to choose the ammo, mv ,BC of whatever cal. you decide on and then have that turret custom made to appropriate distances. One of the real nice thing's about them is that from order to delivery is usually 10 business day's, pretty fast.I think the price is in the $99 range too.

Nikon Spot On&#153 Custom Turret Program

I hope this info help's? Sometimes the more answer's you get the more question's you have.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
The P-Series is built on the PROSTAFF line of scopes. The New P-223 will be a 3-9 BDC reticle. Built around the .223, 55gr. bullet and 3240 fps MV. There is also a fixed 3X in the P-223 Series as well.
We came out with the caliber Specific Turret's last year but really started getting them out in July. Some of the guy's I have chaated with who have them are very impressed. I still don't have a set but will soon. I just need to figure out which cal. 300 win or .257 wbymag.
You will be able to choose the ammo, mv ,BC of whatever cal. you decide on and then have that turret custom made to appropriate distances. One of the real nice thing's about them is that from order to delivery is usually 10 business day's, pretty fast.I think the price is in the $99 range too.

Nikon Spot On&#153 Custom Turret Program

I hope this info help's? Sometimes the more answer's you get the more question's you have.
Looks like the P223 isn't quite gonna fit the bill for my 6.8SPC, but the Spot On system seems just right. Your right about one question leading to an other, is the Spot On system just for the Monarch line or will it work with the Prostaff/Buckmaster as well?
Thanx again,
Cody
PS, you should be in sales, I just ordered an M223 mount.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Spot On will help make any BDC reticle more accurate. The things you can do with it are pretty cool. I have not gotten shot's at at least 3 coyote's because I was playing with Spot On data and didn't expect yote's to come in that quickly. It'll also help you with click's and MOA.

If you notice something that you think should be included in Spot On let me know. We are always trying to get shooters the info they need.