Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Bronze Member
Re: New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

I know nobody has spoken on here in a while but this should be copied and pasted and sent to olympic arms. I wont buy anything from them and wonder how many others have been influenced by this post. This is the best forum that i belong to and i encourage many to check it out because, not unlike customer service, you can tell a lot from the way people talk. Usmc could have griped because he was upset with the company, but he refrained and showed nothing but disappointment. Classy move man

Unread 07-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Silver Member

Any new comments to add about the UMAR? Thinking about trying to find one for coyote hunting.
Unread 07-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

I'm sure Olympic wishes this post would just go away. I've seen some pretty nice rifles Olympic has produce, and on the other end; some real crap. But this one seems a little dangerous, more than just cosmetic.

The problem sounds like quality control. USMC said; that they told him "thatís just the way they are receiving them from their suppliers." referencing the gas key... What! That's the condition from the subcontractor.... and they can't do much about it.. Now that's not true, they can do everything about it.

The bottom line here is honesty, it's clear the rifle was "way out of spec's" the real question is how did it get out the door??? Because that dud needs to be fired. OK maybe not that drastic, if it's an employee hand him a broom and he can clean the shop floors. If it's the owner, he needs to hire someone that understand manufacturing and quality control.

So I guess what it comes down too is; can you trust them to make you a weapon that's a fair value for the money your going to spend.
I guess I'd give them another shot at it, but with the understanding in the beginning( in writing) which would be that '.., it better meet or exceed "their" claims on "their" products, and if it didn't it's coming back full refund and no hassle.
If they want your business, and... they can produce the product they'll do it.

They should also never try and pass off this kinda stuff... "bad workmanship".. by using the subcontractor or supplier as their scapegoat.... that's a bad business practice, the truth is to easy to find out'.., on that type of scapegoating.

Good luck

Last edited by 436; 07-09-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: correction