Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

Notajeep, what brand is your upper?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Bronze Member

Im putting together a spikes build. With an SPR 20" woa fluted duracoat black barrel. Again this mount will function perfect as is. Lots of, lets say lever action type rifles have a scope mounted off to the side as much as an inch. I confirmed earlier after posting the above issue, by measuring with calipers. When looking downward from the top, the scope mount is left of center. Lots of articles on issues with scope mounts, mounted incorrectly. Such as someone didnt get the mount attachment holes straight at the 12-Oclock position in a receiver. As well as numerous issues with cheap two piece rings. I grew up hearing people I looked up to say trust but verify, thats kinda stuck with me.

Ill try to attach a photo, may not happen due to poor connection right now.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-20130821_134853.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Bronze Member

Ok back down to business here. I thought someone may like my attempt at concealed carry! So This morning I took a few photos. This was hard to get a picture of! To answer a previous question, no the mount is snug, as in just enough to hold it from moving. No reason to torque up anything till the barrel gets torqued up. So in the photos look closely at the relationship between the outer edges of the spikes picatinny rail in relationship to the Aadmount. I feel this is so minor thats it's not an issue, I thought I'd post these photos to help relieve any future dispute. Again the mount is slightly left of center when viewed from the rear of the rifle.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-20130822_104740.jpg   My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-20130822_104501.jpg  

My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-20130822_104401.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

Have you checked to see that your rail isn't out of spec.
I would assume the discrepancy to be on a mass produced upper before the mount.

For example.
When I switched my AADMOUNT from my AR10 to my AR15...I had to adjust 17 MOA to the right from one rifles zero to the other. 3-5 I can understand just because of differences with rifles and loads....but 17 can only be attributed to one (or both) of the uppers having their rail systems being off.

It's pretty common knowledge that not all mil-spec picatinny rails are exactly correct.