Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Bronze Member

My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

I bit the bullet and broke the bank for a new scope mount. I'm so impressed with it I thought I needed to show it off a little. First of all SWFA did an excellent job of packing it and even same day shipping. This price was $282 out the door with the optional forward rail added. The base model is about $250. This Manufacturer makes other mounts, for about everything else as well. However this one is made just for the AR-10's and 15's. As seen in the photos of how it attaches to the upper rail. My barrel is on back order with WOA so no range report any time soon. Enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-aadmount-20moa-ar-15.jpg   My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-aadount-level-option.jpg  

My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-aadmount-recoil-lugs-.jpg   My new AR Aadmount from SWFA-aadmount-rail-option.jpg  

Old 08-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Bronze Member

Re: My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

Pretty active forum here.....

Pulled the trigger on a Sightron #25133 (6-24X50mm) I found a heii of a deal at optics planet web sight. Then noticed they had one demo yesterday in stock. I got it shipped for $679. Same scope today at Midway USA is $850. I know it's no FFP, but it's half the price as one of those. Now all I need is that barrel thats been on order since March.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Silver Member

The current AADmount (that you have) is far superior to the one I did a review on a while back.
I also have this new version 30mm 20MOA as well and its EXCELLENT.

They (AADMount) are the only ones I run.

This was done a while back before we upgraded equipment and really got better at doing reviews...but you get the idea.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Bronze Member

Yea, I'm excited to have ran across such a quality mount. I think most people settle with the cheaper stuff. My only complaint about the Aadmount, is that I must have looked for weeks before I came across this monster on the web. Having never heard of it before, it was not easy to find. Just so impressed with it thus far.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Bronze Member

That's the exact mount I'm going to buy. I talked to the owner through a few emails and maybe even on the phone. He seemed like a stand up guy. It doesn't have a tacticool name on the side of it but I don't really care about tacticool anyhow. I guess maybe it's because it doesn't have a quick release lever on the side. It does however seem to be a great mount which was very well thought out and put together. My two cents.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Bronze Member

Put my lower together today the rest of the way. Then I decided to pin the upper minus barrel and free float on it to check it out. I got the Aadmount out of its box again and after a temp install on the upper noticed something. I think we all know, that not all scope rings are created equal. So when nit picking my build, I noticed that when viewing the installed Aadmount from the forward end (objective lens) is that it is not perfectly centered with the bore. Don't get me wrong I love this mount! I didn't measure it but I'm going to guess and say it's no more than .030" off to one side. I don't see any issues with that, it's parallel to the bore and thats really what maters. Can't wait to get this thing completed.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Bronze Member

Is it because you don't have it tightened up to recommended install specs or it's off?