Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Left windage Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM

Left windage Problem

I have a DPMS AR 10 upper that i just mounted a Nightforce 2.5-10 vxs on with LT104 Rings . At 25 yrds i could not get enough left windage out of the scope. it consistently shot 4 inches right. I remounted the scope with Nightforce rings and again it shoots 4 inches right with my left windage maxed out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: Left windage Problem

Turn your rings around backwards and see if it switches. If it doesn't, then your rail may be out of spec.
Pull the scope/rings off and put them on another rifle and make sure it's not an optic issue, you have all the windage you should.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

Do what c_bass16 said. If you find that your rings and scope aren't the problem, and it is your rail, you could either get rid of the rifle or try a pair of windage adjustable rings.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Silver Member

Or it could be the factory barrel extension/thread tenon is WAY out of wack and it just needs a precision barrel installed properly... Just a guess though. I've built quite a few AR's and the barrel extensions can have a goodly amount of runout w/ one manufacturers exception and that would be the extensions manufactured by BAT machine...they are never out more than .001" and usually half that. Factory extensions are typically over .010".