Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Jard J16 in Rifle Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Silver Member

Jard J16 in Rifle Magazine

Anyone subscribe to this issue? I'm intrigued by the Jard J16 but cannot find a thing on it online and saw that it is tested in this issue. Would anyone be willing to scan a copy of the article and email it to me?

Thanks and God bless,

Adam

Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Jard J16 in Rifle Magazine

what is it that interests you about this model over something else?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Silver Member

The ability to fire the rifle in a folded stock position, however unlikely the need for such a rifle may be.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Silver Member

That's not a possibility with this rifle. The folding mechanism is made by Law Tactical and it says right on the back (when folded) that it is absolutely NOT meant to be fired in the folding position. The safety catch that prevents the bolt from falling out, MAY hold up to the force of the recoil...but it's not something worth trying. If that piece failed...you'd have a BCG sent strait into whatever body part was in line.

If the folding option interests you...go to the source and use it on your preferred AR...or swing onto Ebay and snag a cheap, (probably ******) Chinese knock off. One thing about those Chinese, it doesn't take them long to rip off a patent and try turning a buck.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

Actually the J16 is a proprietary upper that does not recoil into the buffer tube allowing it to be folded and fire. No Law Tactical adapter as far as I can tell. Did you see it listed as such somewhere?