Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles


Reply

DPMS LR-.308 loads

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, CO. USA
Posts: 248
DPMS LR-.308 loads

I just bought one from Kirby, with a 24" bbl. Does anybody have one and if so what does it like to eat?

Hicks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,521
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

I use 43 grains of Varget in mine with 175 SMK's about 1" MOA.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

Mine likes the 165 Hornady SST and IL bullets. It also shoots well with 168, 175 and 178 bullets with 41.5 gr of H4895 and a match primer. If you are shooting from a front rest (other than bipod) you really have to watch out for different canting due to the round forend. You will like it a bunch!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, CO. USA
Posts: 248
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by long450 View Post
Mine likes the 165 Hornady SST and IL bullets. It also shoots well with 168, 175 and 178 bullets with 41.5 gr of H4895 and a match primer. If you are shooting from a front rest (other than bipod) you really have to watch out for different canting due to the round forend. You will like it a bunch!
What 168 gr bullets are you using? Tell me they are SMKs. I have a ton of those.

Hicks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

You've got them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM
436 436 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorthWest
Posts: 618
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I just bought one from Kirby, with a 24" bbl. Does anybody have one and if so what does it like to eat?

Hicks
This works well for me..
175g. Sierra Mk
Federal Match case.
CCI-#34 mil primer
RL-15 {43.5grs)
From 24 in barrel vel's are 2650 fps.
Very accurate.
Good luck
463
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, CO. USA
Posts: 248
Re: DPMS LR-.308 loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 436 View Post
This works well for me..
175g. Sierra Mk
Federal Match case.
CCI-#34 mil primer
RL-15 {43.5grs)
From 24 in barrel vel's are 2650 fps.
Very accurate.
Good luck
463
THanks for all the info guys!

Hicks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: DPMS LR-.308 loads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fs dpms lr-308 (mn) overl001 Guns For Sale 1 03-31-2011 08:27 PM
Wts/wtt dpms lr 308 RidgeRebel Guns For Sale 0 02-08-2011 02:33 PM
Looking DPMS .308 what do u think? awmp Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 12 06-15-2010 11:44 AM
F/s dpms lr-308 nib CFT Guns For Sale 2 07-25-2009 11:53 AM
DPMS .308 speedbump Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 0 03-01-2005 10:03 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC