Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Can't find a barrel to use!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Can't find a barrel to use!

Hi guys I'm currently building a custom DPMS .308 rifle. For a barrel I'm looking for a 24" bull barrel with fluting and finished in BLACK. Also, maybe even have the end threaded for a break. As far as i can find there is everything but black. I don't like the shiny stainless. Does anyone on here know of such a barrel offered by a company or possibly a company that does custom barrels? Quite frankly I'm not looking for a cheap barrel. I am looking for a barrel that is high quality with these specs. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: Can't find a barrel to use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1234 View Post
Hi guys I'm currently building a custom DPMS .308 rifle. For a barrel I'm looking for a 24" bull barrel with fluting and finished in BLACK. Also, maybe even have the end threaded for a break. As far as i can find there is everything but black. I don't like the shiny stainless. Does anyone on here know of such a barrel offered by a company or possibly a company that does custom barrels? Quite frankly I'm not looking for a cheap barrel. I am looking for a barrel that is high quality with these specs. Any ideas?

Go to www.legionfirearms.com or Legion Firearms - Shop for Firearms, parts, apparel, accessories and more.

if you don't see what you like, call them. They build some great rifles!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Bronze Member

Do you think of they would build a custom barrel like what i want that even was designed for my bolt if i send it to them? because i have heard of that before
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

I'd call them Monday and ask.....I know they're building a bunch of rifles for a military contract, but I would certainly call and check.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1234 View Post
get a barrel that has everything else you want and the cerekote it.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Bronze Member

Black hole weaponery builds barrels
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Silver Member

Krieger makes barrels for the DPMS ar10