Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

Arma Lite Any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: Arma Lite Any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bass16 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong or junk about an Armalite Rifle.

"milspec" doesn't mean didly squat when it comes to reliability or accuracy. It's just a way for the military to keep things compatible.
Armalite has a unique pattern lower for its AR10 line of rifles. With the exception of the AR10A that is used on the NEW Super SASS which is even more unique (for the better).
There are countless factory, out of the box, sub moa and sub 1/2 moa Armalite rifles and uppers.
All you need to do is be sure you know what you want and need if you plan to build yourself, and then make sure its designed for an Armalite Rifle.

That said, there are TONS of other rifles in the .308 size class that are equally as accurate and more compatible due to the fact that they follow the DPMS/KAC pattern, which is more popular, and therefore, has more aftermarket parts available.
I so agree with you. This whole "milspec" trend is just everyone thinking that whatever the military uses is the coolest thing on earth and everything else must be garbage.
The ONLY part in an AR15 that Id maybe care for being up to "milspec" standard would be the bolt carrier group, but even then it doesnt matter.
Like if you go to ar15.com all you hear is the BCM koolaid drinkers that act like if you dont own a trendy BCM (ya they are good but so are others) then your rifle sucks and you should never be seen in public with it.
I guarantee that an Armalite, RRA, bushmaster..etc will run just as hard and long without failures as a BCM, LMT, or Colt.
I read on a forum that a guy said RRA was horrible because his gas key wasnt staked very good, so instead of taking 5 seconds to stake it, he bought a BCM bolt carrier group because they are staked to "milspec" LOL.....this is the kind of BS that gets spread around making people think that only BCM or LMT..etc is the way to go and everyone else is junk. Its just total BS