Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

AR-15 Triggers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Silver Member

Re: AR-15 Triggers

I have a Colt, Rock River Stage 2, and JP Enterprises Stage 1. My new AR build will have another JP.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

I mostly use RRA and Armalite two stage match triggers. The Armalite match is identical to the tactical match only it's much more expensive and has lighter springs. With a little tweaking here and there and a bit of honing they all end up very crisp and light enough for precision shooting. I have used Giessele triggers on a few builds and they are very good but spendy. Much easier to adjust, but once the others are re-worked, there's not much difference between them IMO.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalm View Post
I mostly use RRA and Armalite two stage match triggers. The Armalite match is identical to the tactical match only it's much more expensive and has lighter springs. With a little tweaking here and there and a bit of honing they all end up very crisp and light enough for precision shooting. I have used Giessele triggers on a few builds and they are very good but spendy. Much easier to adjust, but once the others are re-worked, there's not much difference between them IMO.
Can anyone point me to how to adjust or hone my two stage trigger from stag arms???
Old 03-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Silver Member

IMO, if you have to ask how to hone a trigger, you should not be doing it. Take it to a pro and have it done correctly. The cost of a trigger job is a whole bunch less than shooting someone or getting shot.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntbambi View Post
IMO, if you have to ask how to hone a trigger, you should not be doing it. Take it to a pro and have it done correctly. The cost of a trigger job is a whole bunch less than shooting someone or getting shot.
Did not ask for you opinion I have talked to two diferent guns shops and one gunsmith and they both told me that polishing a match trigger is kinda a waste of time. Shooting the gun a lot adn breaking the trigger in would be better. So what is done to the trigger when you polish and/or hone it??
Old 03-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpainter View Post
Did not ask for you opinion I have talked to two diferent guns shops and one gunsmith and they both told me that polishing a match trigger is kinda a waste of time. Shooting the gun a lot adn breaking the trigger in would be better. So what is done to the trigger when you polish and/or hone it??
rpainter- I'm not sure what Stag put in your rifle. Sounds like a nice trigger already. I'm sure some serious TLC could make it nicer, careful though you don't want to make it unsafe. I would try some good rifle grease on the pins, and sear surfaces, and see what that gets you without modifying anything.

This is my recomendation, and it won't have you shooting any one by accident. If you are not failiar with stoning triggers, get familiar with what happens when people who don't, and try it. It's never pretty.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Silver Member

I've seen too many so called gunsmiths crappy trigger work. That I wouldn't want you to screw up an already nice trigger. Leave the stoning to someone who has a good reputation.