Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > AR15/10 Rifles

6.5 grendel uppers at Midway USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 grendel uppers at Midway USA

I wish the shorter barreled uppers would come back. I had one located right before SH and then the seller dissappeared.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatackdriver View Post
I might add that even though it would be just as much a pain, buying dies and reloading for this caliber is well worth the trouble. Your brass can be reused several times.
Ive got 650 123 gr SSTs and brass but cant find the right powder and a press. At least i got what i got. Picked a bad time to get into reloading.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

Xbr 8208, CFE 223, Leverlution,
Old 06-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Bronze Member

Finished building the gun except for mounting scope and bipod. I have two boxes of A-Max in hand and five boxes of Wolff coming. I am trying to figure out what kind of scope base to put on "our" gun now, and am not posting photos until after I get the scope on and test it out. Will be putting a Zeiss Conquest 4-14x50 on it. Same situation for bipod - gotta figure out what kind and how to mount. It is the standard AA carbon fiber handguard with two studs, so I guess it will be okay to mount to the extra stud? So excited - plus we got all the tags we wanted for antelope in Wyoming! Desperate for some good hunting rounds. Will keep looking!
I agree about reloading. I reload for our .270's, but have not made the investment to get dies and brass and bullets for the 6.5 yet.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatackdriver View Post
Xbr 8208, CFE 223, Leverlution,
Ive been holding out for the XBR but cant seem to find any. I picked up some Winchester powder that I used on my 308 but I wasnt sure on my Grendel. Thanks for the info, I didnt know I could use the leverevolution. How about Superformance powder?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaCam View Post
Finished building the gun except for mounting scope and bipod. I have two boxes of A-Max in hand and five boxes of Wolff coming. I am trying to figure out what kind of scope base to put on "our" gun now, and am not posting photos until after I get the scope on and test it out. Will be putting a Zeiss Conquest 4-14x50 on it. Same situation for bipod - gotta figure out what kind and how to mount. It is the standard AA carbon fiber handguard with two studs, so I guess it will be okay to mount to the extra stud? So excited - plus we got all the tags we wanted for antelope in Wyoming! Desperate for some good hunting rounds. Will keep looking!
I agree about reloading. I reload for our .270's, but have not made the investment to get dies and brass and bullets for the 6.5 yet.
Ive got the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18-40 BDC on mine but the Zeiss should work well
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Silver Member

If your Win chester powder is w748 your good to go