Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Crossbow Hunting (Not PSE)

Crossbow Shooters - What are you shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Crossbow Shooters - What are you shooting?

TenPoint Turbo XLT, 100 gr. Spitfire Maxx broadheads. Shoots exact point of aim as field points, very accurate, & I'm very satisfied!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

Tenpoint Stealth XLT, Lazer II's by Wyverns, Rage 3's.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Bronze Member

i'll be using a barnett C5 crossbow this year with the excalibur scope setting on the rail and RAGE crossbow broadheads to bringem' down..dead accurate out to 50 yards but i've never tried any farther..probably won't shoot at a deer farther than 30 yards though,well maybe 40.... lol
Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Excalibur Exomag with Flemish string optics by Hawke, over bow quiver bracket by Horizontal Archery, bottom side Picatinny rail accessory rail, & Browning rubber nonslip sling.
Bolts start at 318 FPS and drop off to 293 FPS at 50 yards
Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

I just last week acquired a Strykezone 350 package. I'm getting geared up for sight-in and testing bolt and broadhead combinations. I'm hoping my 100 grain Thunderheads work so I can interchange broadheads with my compound bow. I'm even going to give my Bear Razorheads a shot or two. As for bolts, I've got the Goldtip Laser II's that came with the package and some Red Hots that my hunting partner gave up on. Hard work man, just plain drudgery.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

The Excalibur equinox and love it took 3 shots to get is zero and after 10-15 shots of practice i killed my Turkey with it at 45 yards just got to love it.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Bronze Member

Finally had a chance to sight in the SZ 350 this morning. Tried the Laser II's that came with it and some Red Hots. For broadheads: Thunderhead 100 grains; and some El Cheapo Eastman heads that are 125 grains and are styled like slick tricks etc...

My wish came true, the thunderheads shot quite well with the Laser II shafts, as did the Eastman heads. The Red Hots were poor with both heads which may be a result of the nocks. They are not half moons but "capture nocks. I may replace them with half moons to see if it helps.
Dead nuts accurate with the Lasers with 2 inch group at 40 yds. I have the scope that came with the package and it works fine. The center circle is dead on from 20 - 30yds and the next circle down shoots perfect at 40 yds. For grins I'm going to see where the next circle places my shot and I expect it shoud be close at 50.

I must say that the trigger is excellent. No creep and breaks as clean or better than my rifle triggers break. With the sucess using the Thunderheads, I can spend my time shooting rather than seeking the holy grail of shaft broadhead combos for this rig

. Can't hardly wait until October 1st.