Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Video of Firenock brand lighted nocks for TAC 15/15i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: Video of Firenock brand lighted nocks for TAC 15/15i

Bob, thanks for the heads up. As I have ZERO experience with any lighted nock, I especially appreciate the help.

Maybe you'd be willing to create a forum thread that would go into some detail, with pix, for the purpose of helping other potential Firenock/TAC15 users??

If you do, work with me up front on the thread title as I have learned the best way to ensure high Google search traffic.

And I had never really thought of using them just for the fun of target shooting and watching the arrow flight. Can't wait to try that.

With this TAC 15/15i, it's a little like being in a candy store. New candy being introduced all the time, namely the Firenock.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Video of Firenock brand lighted nocks for TAC 15/15i

Len, I would be glad to make a post like that. I'll put together some pics and information and get ready, then I will contact you on the title info and so forth. It may take me a week or two to get it all done.

With regular hunting circuits, you will go through batteries fairly quickly, especially at longer ranges when they will be burning longer due to the walk to the target and so forth. But the new blinking circuits will be the way to go for this sort of thing. I can't wait to get more of those. I have a few prototypes right now that I will be using for some of the testing. They stay lit for 6 seconds, then go into blinking mode. The red ones will last several weeks, and the green ones will last a few weeks longer than that.

The blinking circuit will help you see groups at long range too. The three arrows will all blink just a little different in time, allowing you to see all three shaft independently instead of one large blob of light.

I think the blinking circuits will be ready sometime later in March. Maybe Dorge will be able to find this thread and add the manufacturers thoughts to the mix.