Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

tac elite problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 04:23 PM

tac elite problems

Shoots 100 grain field tips out to 80 yards great. Now not even on the target and loosing arrows when switched to 100 grain crossbow grim reapers. Also tried other various crossbow broad heads and none shoot anywhere close to the field points?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

Re: tac elite problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
Shoots 100 grain field tips out to 80 yards great. Now not even on the target and loosing arrows when switched to 100 grain crossbow grim reapers.
If you switch back to 100 grain field tips, are you back on target?

Are you shooting unmodified PSE Arrows? If not what modifications?

Have you tried shooting a bare-shafted arrow into paper to check center shot?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Silver Member

Nathanb, did you paper tune your tac ?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM

How can you title this thread (tac problems?) 9 out of 10 times the problem lies with the shooters lack of knowledge. tune the bow, then find the best shooting broadhead, it will take some time if you are banking on 80 yd kills, if it can be done with a xbow it will be with a TAC 15.

You really did not start at 80 yds practicing with broadheads did you? If your broadheads group differ than your field tips ADJUST the scope. Not all broadheads shoot well at 400fps. Not all arrow shoot the same or as well as another. lots to learn keeps shots under 50 for awhile
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 AM

I had the same problem, I used the Phathead broadheads and out of nine arrow broadhead comboís I only had two that were close. Then I switched to the Rage 100 grain broadheads and now Iím shooting three inch groupís out to 100 yards.
I did fire two non practice broadhead shots (one at 30í, one at 60í) at my broadhead target and they fly and open great. I was able to remove the heads because they came out the back side of the target two inches. (just replaced the breakaway washers). As a note I also use the Firenockís, the combo does shoot differently then a standard arrow. I just picked the six that shoot consistently and Iím all set.
Last year I took a 275 lb. eight pointer at 77 yards, the arrow went through him with so much force it hit a rock, flew 30 feet in the air and 50 feet past the deer. The deer didnít move, I thought I missed. While reloading for a second shot he crumpled in place. So I know this combo is deadly at long range.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM

I am shooting the Ramcat 100 and they fly great for me. My buddy is struggling with his. We are both big fans of Rage broadheads however we were lead to believe they did not shoot good through the Tac set up. We switched over to the Ramcat. For me so far so good. My buddy not so good.