Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

TAC Elite Blows UP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: TAC Elite Blows UP

That is some damage. Thanks for posting the pictures.
And I am glad your son was not seriously hurt. Still, I bet his finger is throbbing.

From the pictures it looks like one side of the Cam caved inward or collapsed, allowing cable to come out of grove, which led to string snapping.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

Looking at the pictures some more...
It almost looks like the string weights slid towards Cam to point the string weights were partially wrapped onto Cam, which might explain collapse of Cam.

Posting the pictures of damage may be helpful to others, in that anybody else experiencing a similar failure can compare their TAC damage to yours. If we start seeing nearly identical TAC damage upon failure, it should make finding the cause and getting a fix quicker and easier. If nothing else, people seeing similar damage will know they are not alone.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 AM

OkieBowie,

How do we get PSE technical support to look at this site and see the ongoing conversations? I would certainly think and hope that someone in their tech department is following this conversation. Again, it amazes me that they don't have a technical support e-mail address for direct customer input. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altonsvnnh View Post
How do we get PSE technical support to look at this site and see the ongoing conversations?
You might send PSE a snail mail letter suggesting they keep up with this particular forum of Len Backus' LRH Online Mag.

Understand, even if PSE tech support does start following this forum (or already is doing so) chances are they will not post here or respond. Most companies have strict policies against such activities. One reason is risk of employee giving out advice that leaves the company liable, under legal doctrine of "Respondeat superior".

I imagine the best route is to get PSE TAC dealers to visit this site. They would be free to post and respond (with Len Backus approval), along with asking questions to gather information. Being they deal with numerous PSE TACs, they are most likely to be the ones that connect the dots on a given problem. They would also have PSE employee contact information. A few might even have direct ear of PSE management.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:42 PM

Contacted PSE warranty support today. I am sending them the pictures and then the bow. Will see what happens.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

I too was injured when mine broke during crank back. Then there was the trigger failure that would send an arrow flying while cranking it. then there was the cam failure. I returned mine. Was mad to say the least since i waited 10 months to get his bow
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM

Do you have any pictures of your bow that you can post?