Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

TAC Elite Blows UP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 08:44 PM

TAC Elite Blows UP

I am absolutely amazed and totally disappointed in the start up performance of my TAC Elite. My 37 year old son was sighting in my brand new never used Elite today after reading all instructions and following them to the letter. He fired two arrows with no issues and the Elite exploded on the third arrow. The bow string apparently failed due to a cam failure immediately upon firing the third arrow which, by the way, went true to the target. The string injured his right thumb by splitting the finger nail in half. His hand was on the upper forearm grip and the front of the Elite was resting on a tripod. There were no obstructions in the path of the bow string. This happened at our hunt camp about mid day after the early opening hunt. The bow is totally unusable now with a destroyed cam system. BRAND NEW!!!!! I believe that I will be returning this fine expensive product!!!! Not a happy camper.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: TAC Elite Blows UP

That is bad news for sure. Do yourself a favor and buy the best on the market. Get an Excalibur. Thank me later.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altonsvnnh View Post
He fired two arrows with no issues and the Elite exploded on the third arrow. The bow string apparently failed due to a cam failure immediately upon firing ...
Can you post some pictures of now destroyed TAC Elite, possibly an overall picture, then a few close up pictures of damaged area/parts?

It is beginning to look like their is a manufacturing problem with TAC Elite, whether it is design or production or both. There have been a few failures of TAC 15s, but nothing like what is being reported on TAC Elite.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 PM

Please see the attached photos for damage to the new Tac Elite.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0070.jpg   TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0071.jpg  

TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0072.jpg   TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0074.jpg  

TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0076.jpg   TAC Elite Blows UP-img_0079.jpg  

Old 10-20-2013, 04:34 PM

Does anyone have a tech support e-mail address for PSE? I have found phone numbers but no e-mail address. I am absolutely amazed that they don't have an e-mail address listed on their site for tech support. My crossbow season looks like a complete loss right now. So much for that!!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Silver Member

Altonsvnnh, Its a good thing your son wasn't seriously hurt. I don't think PSE has an email for tech support. They may have one for dealers but not the general public. Don't expect too much if you contact them yourself, I did and it was a waste of time. Your probably better off going through your dealer. I hope you get this all worked out in time to salvage some of your season.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM

Mike K/NJ,

Thank you for your reply and concern. I hope PSE understands "product liability" and their absolute responsibility to provide safe equipment to their customers. This incident could have been far worse for my son.