Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Tac Elite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Silver Member

Tac Elite

There are a few new videos on YouTube about the Elite. They said it has a better trigger, a bubble level on the receiver, wider and thicker limbs, and the cocking sled is captured in the rail. It's good to finally see some real information about it.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
PUBLISHER

At some point we will be receiving one. Very quickly we'll be publishing a review.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by Len Backus; 04-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Tac Elite

I called PSE yesterday just to see if they could give me a date on the elite release yet and the rep I spoke to said the company still has not given them a date so I should figure on a few more months.......WOW!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Silver Member

As long as TAC Elite is still using Whisker Biscuit and has to shoot four-vane arrows, I'll stick with my old, ancient, outdated, dinosaur of a TAC 15.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Bronze Member

This will be my first Tac.... I ordered it on Feb 11th... If I don't like the whisker biscuit , I'll probably end up going to a drop down and cut the top rail so I can shoot regular 3 fletch. I thought all Tacs came with a whisker biscuit? What are the cons of this setup? Any besides bristle wear , fletching wear and adverse reactions to temp.? Lol
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

What are the cons of this setup? Any besides bristle wear , fletching wear and adverse reactions to temp.? Lol

Chyhunting, the whisker biscuit does have a few draw backs as you mentioned, but if you will be using your Tac for hunting only it shouldn't be anything to worry about. But if you plan on doing some long range target shooting you would probably be better off changing it out for the drop away. I've used one for a few years on my compound bow and never had a problem, other than a few wrinkled vanes, that was caused by the biscuit.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Bronze Member

Ok thanks for the response. I do plan on trying my hand at some long distance target shooting so I just might end up switching.