Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Tac arrows original vs. recent?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: Tac arrows original vs. recent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
Maybe I've just gotten the luckiest matching set of arrows ever built by PSE?
I would say you have been lucky. Quite possibly because your PSE arrows were made sometime after several of us early adopters reported arrow quality issues to PSE.

Here is an example of quality issues:
Yesterday I dug out an unused (essential brand new) set of six PSE arrows that were bought back around August 2010 from PSE. Out of those six; one arrow had an unglued nock, one arrow had poorly glued vanes that came off with a gentle tug, and none of six had glue at leading edge of vanes to help vanes stay attached.

That is without even getting to issues of weight difference between arrows, arrow spline spin (straightness & nock/tip alignment), and arrow spline flexing (direction & amount).

Out of those six arrows, I have only found two which I would go forward with setting up to use for long-range shooting.

You may think I am being to harsh or picky, but if you look around here (and other sites) you will find others have been rejecting high numbers of PSE TAC 15 arrows. One example from another Xbow forum:
Quote:
When doing it with PSE TAC15 Arrows it also takes 3 or 4 dozen raw shafts to end up with 12 to 18 usable shafts. This is because one must test and sort that number of shafts before you will end up with 12 - 18 who's spine deflection characteristics match closely enough to form a usable group.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Tac arrows original vs. recent?

That is nothing short of awesome! Keep it "Twangin" Twanger!