Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

tac arrows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 07:05 AM

tac arrows

hi from down under the weight difference in the tac arrows are big problem you buy six and not two the same what does one do are firenock arrows any better and how do we get them
Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Bronze Member

Re: tac arrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger61 View Post
hi from down under the weight difference in the tac arrows are big problem you buy six and not two the same what does one do are firenock arrows any better and how do we get them
The Firenock AeroBolt II-250, Aerobolt II-200 and Aerobolt II-DS are all spine matched and with optional spine index. In most cases, you got a full dozen with +/- 3 grains without the nock and point. With the point and nocks, most customer should be able to get it with +/- 1 grains. You can obtain them at Long range hunting as I just send Andy 3 dozens of the AeroBolt II-200. If you want custom built ones for camel and water buffalo, you got to look at the dragon slayer(DS) which is the big game version of the aerobolt. They are closer to 1000 grains with the point and nock. FYI, I just ship a full dozen with everything in it to Ludmilla Northern Territory Australia last week.

Link below.

Aerovane Crossbow Bolts Firenock arrows
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

Hmmmmm.... I've had nothing but great results with standard Tac15 arrows.

Can you QUANTIFY the variability you are seeing? How many grains different are the arrows?

So far, the ones that I have received are consistent enough that I don't dare shoot them at the same bull's eye at 50 yards!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
Hmmmmm.... I've had nothing but great results with standard Tac15 arrows.

Can you QUANTIFY the variability you are seeing? How many grains different are the arrows?

So far, the ones that I have received are consistent enough that I don't dare shoot them at the same bull's eye at 50 yards!
If one is happy with what you already have, stick with it. It is like quantify why BMW 335is is a better can than a Honda Civic Si. They both will get the job done. For those who wanted more and know what they wanted, needed, and able to squeeze more, I offer them the ultimate shooting experience.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

Dorge - I was not clear, and apologize.
I was actually asking Slugger to quantify the variability he was seeing.
For example: how many grains? What size groups are unacceptible?

As an engineer I'm very tuned into cost/performance tradeoffs.
As a deer management hunter who kills dozens of deer per year I am willing to accept performance somewhere close to "the knee in the curve."
For a projectile that I launch into the "unknown" at 400 fps, I for one am keenly aware cost/benefit.

I shoot Norma Oryx ammo in my .308 because it perform better that "Chevy" cartridges.
If it didn't, I wouldn't.

Since I don't know if Slugger is a Rolls, Mercedes, Beemer, Honda, or Chevy kinda-guy I thought I'd start with quantitative questions.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 AM

I dunno, could be a Holden guy
Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 AM

sorry for not repling been busy the tac arrows were all weighed seperatly shafts points etc and up to 8 grains different not a big deal if you want to shoot short distants i have other bows for that i would like to be able to shoot out alot furher than them other wise whats the point i dont have than time or the money to buy alot arrows only to match afew i suppose were all in the same boat thanks for the replys