Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

TAC 15i limbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM

TAC 15i limbs

Has anyone else had their limbs come apart? After about 100 shots target shooting the limbs are pealing apart and splintering. I have a new set of limbs coming from PSE to my local dealer. No trouble getting them to send new ones. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Bronze Member

Re: TAC 15i limbs

I have not had that problem. My limbs seem pretty sound and I have about 200 shots through my Tac 15i so far.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

Hi Hunter38,
I have about 1,500 shots through my limbs just since February of this year, with no problems, but i have heard of numerous owners that have experienced limb fracture problems.

It's not that common, but it does happen. This is one of the reasons that PSE backs these crossbows with the type of warranty they do. The best advice I can give you is to get the new limbs, get them on and shoot as often as possible. If anything is weak or defective in any way, it's better to find it sooner than later!

Regards,

Jon
Old 09-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter38 View Post
Has anyone else had their limbs come apart?
Roger that - I've had my TAC for about 6 months and maybe a 1,200 shots. I'm on my third set of limbs...
Old 09-26-2011, 05:27 PM
PUBLISHER

I have had some limb failures reported by my customers but not an inordinate number as far as I can tell. I have sold a very large number of Tacs. And some were because of user abuse.

When the first reported failures occured I wondered a bit since I am new to the archery industry.

But when I Googled limb failure I found many other brands show up in the search results.

Seems to be related to how hard the entire industry is pushing for speed improvements.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM

I have had this issue twice with my TAC 15. The first time was one week before last year's archery season. I got it back from repair a couple of weeks later and wound up shooting a doe with it.

The second time was last Friday -- one day before the archery season here in PA. Sounds like I may have to wait up to three weeks before I get it back this time.

Probably had about 150-200 shots on it before the first failure. Probably another 100-150 until the next one.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

Not many shots at all! I sometimes do half that many shots on a one day outing when I'm testing or evaluating different products for the crossbow. Just my set-up and tuning probably took about 300 or 400 shots.

All I can recommend is that you shoot it relentlessly when you get it back this time. Either break it in so you are comfortable with everything about it or you will just break it period. It's sort of like the break in for a new car. Go easy while you are tuning everything and adjusting your components. Once this is finished, put it to work and get everything smoothed out. If there are any weak components let them show as a problem because they will need to be replaced or changed for something better before your warranty runs out.

Some components are better off being replaced with after market products than to put the same sub standard factory parts back on.

Regards,

Jon