Re: TAC 15i Changes......In What Priority Order??
The modification is very simple and takes no time at all.
Here are the steps in the order I performed them. P.S. I used my kitchen table for this one.
1. Loosen the HHA set screws that hold the HHA Optimizer Speed Dial to your upper weaver rail and remove your scope and HHA as one unit.
2. Loosen and remove the 6 hex screws (3 on each side) that connect your upper and lower unit.
3. Using a hammer and small punch or a nail punch out the steel frame pin that sits directly above your trigger. Make sure you are punching the pin out that you start from the side opposite the "Safe" switch and punch it in the direction of this switch. The pin is uni-directional and will only come out in that direction.
4. Once the pin is out of your way, you are free to clean the metal surface of the trigger hammer with Acetone or Denatured Alcohol to remove any oils or residue before applying the new silencing materials.
5. Apply the special rubber material to the foam tape and then apply the foam tape using tweezers to the hammer surface where shown in the pictures, supplied by Paacrossbow.
6. Next, turn your cable sled upside down and apply just a small piece of the rubber material as shown in the pictures to the able release flange on the under side of the sled. It's easiest to do this if you let out some line on the rope before starting this process.
7. Put it all back together and go test your crossbow.