Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

TAC 15 service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM

TAC 15 service

Is service important to you? Weather you have a warranty problem or you just dropped it and it broke, having an exotic product like the PSE TAC 15 can spell disaster if you need it fixed fast. Well I found out just the opposite at the Long Range Hunting store.
On Sunday I had the set screw come lose on the cranking gear on my TAC 15 releasing the firing block into the stops completely destroying it, making the bow completely useless! Monday morning I called the guys at Long Range Hunting and I had my bow back in my hands working perfectly by 1:00 Wednesday. Now try that with just about any other product!
Not only do they have great products but great service, you canít get that just anywhere. If you are thinking about a product they offer, just remember the service makes all the difference.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM

Re: TAC 15 service

I totally agree with ottw about the great service they provide. I was hunting late in the evening, and when I was un-cocking my TAC-15 to get off the stand, I heard a cracking noise, I found a crack on one of the limbs.
On Monday I called the Long Range Hunting store and left a message. I followed up with an e-mail. Andy called me right back and replied to my e-mail. We made arrangement to ship just the bow section to the store for repairs. One day turn around on the repairs is outstanding. I got my TAC-15 fixed and I am back in the wood.
Thanks to Len, Andy and his crew for the great customer service.
Sincerely
Mac
Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM
PUBLISHER

Thanks so much guys!

I guess because we are hunters ourselves we just can't stand the thought of a hunter who must miss important days in the woods because of slow service.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottw View Post
Is service important to you? Weather you have a warranty problem or you just dropped it and it broke, having an exotic product like the PSE TAC 15 can spell disaster if you need it fixed fast. Well I found out just the opposite at the Long Range Hunting store.
On Sunday I had the set screw come lose on the cranking gear on my TAC 15 releasing the firing block into the stops completely destroying it, making the bow completely useless! Monday morning I called the guys at Long Range Hunting and I had my bow back in my hands working perfectly by 1:00 Wednesday. Now try that with just about any other product!
Not only do they have great products but great service, you canít get that just anywhere. If you are thinking about a product they offer, just remember the service makes all the difference.
I wish I had the same service!! I've been waiting on parts for mine for over 3 weeks now!!
If anyone knows any trick to get PSE to send parts please let me know.
If I had a gun which costs much less than this most of the time I would be fixed in a week at the longest.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
PUBLISHER

This is a tough time to get parts from PSE since it is their annual new product production time.

Which parts do you need? Maybe we can help out.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-10-2013, 02:42 PM

The left shoulder bolt broke in the gear.

I'm waiting on new shoulder bolts and new draw gear.

I just called them and they have yet to even ship the parts...that THEY don't have.

Thanks for asking but enslaved by poor customer service.

Just frustrated I paid for their most expensive product and I call and I'm treated as if they said-
"sorry sucker you paid for what you have in your hand not what we'll do to stand behind it".

And the way I read these forums on this bow- this problem is probably going to happen again!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Field Editor

Steve,

We try to keep multiples of every part in stock so we can keep our TAC 15 customers up and running.

Email me your shipping address and we'll get the parts out to you today. When you get them, if you need any technical support to install, feel free to give me a call.

I'll talk to PSE and have them replenish my parts rather than sending to you.

Andy
andy@longrangehunting.com
920-376-2010