Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Tac 15 Groups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 AM

Re: Tac 15 Groups

Wow JE you are the only guy past 60 that could shoot that poundage . You should do promos for any and al bow mfg. my hats off to you. That would have to be in 1% of world or 1 person in world
udaman
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 AM
PUBLISHER

J.E.

That's amazing and I'm glad you shared it with all of us. I look forward to stories of your TAC 15 hunts this fall.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytopgun View Post
Wow JE you are the only guy past 60 that could shoot that poundage . You should do promos for any and al bow mfg. my hats off to you. That would have to be in 1% of world or 1 person in world
udaman
Thanks .

But not realy. My friend that shot the re curve at over 80 pounds is still at it and he is 64.

I am a fairly large guy at 6'5'' and 290 pounds and still very active in all things that I like.

When I started bow hunting ,like everyone else I started with a Jennings Model T set on 60
pounds and worked up over the next 30+ years.

So If a person shoots a lot and continually adds a couple of pounds each season he will get
there if he wants to.

Like I said , With all of the improvments in archery equipment there is realy no need to
go to that high of a draw weight but when I started the Allen compound bow (The very first
compound to be built)had just came out.

So I grew up with the compound bows and saw many changes. My favorite bow still has
wheels (In lieu of cams) and has 30% break over.

Some of the old legends (Like Howard hill) could draw in excess of 125 pounds because they
shot long bows and re curves that exceeded 75 pounds at full draw and the compounds with
there 30+% break over was easy for them.

For Example: if you can hold a long bow at full draw that is 70 pounds then a compound with
30 % break over can be set at 100 pounds and still be managed because the hold weight will
be somewhere around 70 pounds.

Bow hunting was and still is my favorite sport and will be as long as I can draw a bow or
a breath.

As you can tell I love to talk archery.

J E CUSTOM
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
fairly large guy at 6'5'' and 290 pounds
That means at 6-0 and 190 that I am fairly small.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM

J E I miss the compound days last year i picked up think was Q5 shot for three days then paid huge price with my back. I am glad that people like you and Len love the sport so much to help others. I did not bow hunt for 10 years worried my buddies would rag me about the crossbow. I am like a kid at xmas waiting for are deer seaon. I hope you have a great one
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytopgun View Post
J E I miss the compound days last year i picked up think was Q5 shot for three days then paid huge price with my back. I am glad that people like you and Len love the sport so much to help others. I did not bow hunt for 10 years worried my buddies would rag me about the crossbow. I am like a kid at xmas waiting for are deer seaon. I hope you have a great one

If you don't shoot all year round it can be hard on you.

If I laid off for a month or two I started by backing off 10 or 15 pounds and shooting that weight
until comfortable and then started adding weight until my pins were zeroed.(I never changed
them if I didn't have to).

The reason I bought the TAC 15 was an injury to my shoulder.I Didn't know if I could hunt with a
bow any more and the TAC 15 was the first crossbow that looked like it could do the job in my
opinion.

Now I'm back on the road and up to 83 pounds on my compound, but I still can't shoot more than
50 or 60 arrows at a time.

I am looking forward to trying out the TAC 15 on game and in the event that i cant fully recover
It will be my fall back bow.

I am going to try The TAC 15 out on hogs first And depending on how well it does try deer next.

You have a good one.

J E CUSTOM