Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

string jumping off the sled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 AM

string jumping off the sled

can someone tell me what to do to fix this problem every time i start to wind back the string jumps off and catches on the dry fire if i load a bolt on first i get a couple of winds the bolt shoots this is starting to scare me i have checked the sled and the cocking string cleaned everything have no idea can someone help
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM

Re: string jumping off the sled

I would try pulling the draw string to the left while you are cranking. This will cause the draw string to wind on the spool evenly and not bunch up.
Paul
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM

thanks for the reply i have tried doing that it only takes about a wined before it jumps off so you have to be careful will try doing that again cheers
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 AM

tried winding to the left to evenly spool but the same thing keeps happening it fires and catches on the dry fire only after about one wined it gets a bit dangerous sticking fingers on strings not knowing wether it going to fire someone out there must know whats happening cause i dont nearly ready to give up
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Hey Slugger. I remembered seeing a video about this a while back so I did a quick check and found it. Is this what you're experiencing?

If so, it seems the drawstring may be wound the wrong direction around the drum. Hopefully this is it. Best of luck - don't give up with it
Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 PM

thanks for the reply my problem is similar but only difference is it fires and the string gets caught on the anti dry fire i think the dloop capture must be warn and when it gets to much pressure on it ,it fires i think i will replace the slide and see what happens was hopping it was going to be something simple just i can get another one bow is only 3 months old cheers
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

I'm not sure if this will help, but on a 3 month old tac I don't think the parts are worn out.

When deploying the cocking block pull it out just far enough to hook the knocking loop. The cocking string is meant to wind around the spool in a certain direction. If you pull it out too far you could cause the string to wrap in the wrong direction, causing it to pile up onto one side of the spool and then drop off, causing a loud popping sound and possibly having the arrow pop off during the cocking procedure. (For more info see the "Trouble Shooting" section at the end of the PSE written instructions)