Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

serving on tac elite falling apart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 07:31 PM

Re: serving on tac elite falling apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bski View Post
Around the new string stops after 12 shots....never had this happen with the orig tac 10 or 15s...anybody else see this on the ord or elite???
Just got mine back from recall I have about 24 shots and string and cables are falling apart. I love how it shoots but should not have to replace strings and cables every 2 dozen shots.Begining to wonder if I made a mistake buying the TAC 15.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersr View Post
Just got mine back from recall I have about 24 shots and string and cables are falling apart. I love how it shoots but should not have to replace strings and cables every 2 dozen shots.Begining to wonder if I made a mistake buying the TAC 15.
rogersr, could you be a little bit more specific, what is falling apart? The weights on the string? What happend with the cables?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerman View Post
rogersr, could you be a little bit more specific, what is falling apart? The weights on the string? What happend with the cables?
The serving on the string is unraveling at the end of the string weights. The cables serving is coming apart where they rub on the cable guards.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM

The serving on the cables will suffer more, if pse raise the cams, because of the pressure on it ... I hope, this won't become an other issue. The problem at the end of the weights (like at my bow), results from sharp edges on the weights, it would be so easy to fix. I don't know how much money this company will waste for their crossbows, but profit is long gone ...
I feel more and more frustrated every time i see my tac. Maybe i should put it somewhere on the wall like an expensive exhibition item.