Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:04 AM

Just received drop-away rest for TAC 15i.Will a drop of crazy glue before serving keep the timing cord from slipping? Good or bad idea. Also, is the Timney trigger the same for the TAC15 & the TAC15i? Are there any other alternatives to TAC arrows besides Firenock? do you carry them? I noticed the latest batch from PSE were made in China.Fletchings were applied sloppy.I also had cranking gear pin give out on my TAC15. Did a number on the bow and my index finger.I would suggest cranking down w/ an arrow in in front of a block to minimize a dry-fire disaster. PSE should strengthen that pin. Very dangerous.

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Field Editor
Re: RP

Crazy glue is a fine idea.

TAC 15 mounts on your own AR lower, so the trigger will be determined by what works with your AR.

I'm not aware of any other arrows.

I would suggest NEVER cocking the bow without an arrow present to eliminate dry-fire.

And, of course, always point in safe direction.

Hopefully the 2013 Elite and Ordnance cocking mechanism guts will be improved to reduce the types of failures you encountered.
Andy Backus
Field Editor