Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Recall - 2013 TAC Elite/Ordnance man. prior to Nov 1st

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 AM

Re: Recall - 2013 TAC Elite/Ordnance man. prior to Nov 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Backus View Post
"Arrow vane clearance problem" refers to the arrow vanes (feathers) touching the cables when fired.

Here is a picture of the pin that can fall out.

Attachment 27630
Mine is in the recall numbers....but its got a cut piece of rubber hose around the spot u have pictured so the screw cant fall out....that i dud not put there.....my...serving on the string is broke where it meets the new springy speed stops.....and when i try and cock it i have to keep letting it back down like 10 times till the back foot on the cocking sled will ride up over the hammer stop pin...to let xbow come to full draw....it looks like the best of 4 tacs ive had....but im thinking its far from it....sad...
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Field Editor

bski - Send yours in to PSE for the recall. They'll get it straightened out for you. Make a note about the problem cocking.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Has anyone received their Tac Elite back yet? Just curious what was changed, and how it shoots?
Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerHntr View Post
Has anyone received their Tac Elite back yet? Just curious what was changed, and how it shoots?
I'm going to hunt with mine one more weekend because I can imagine turnaround on this is going to be RIDICULOUS, just like the 8 months I waited for it, just like the price of it and just like these issues we are having with it...... Sorry.......
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Silver Member

Sent mine out two weeks ago. I don't care how long it takes, I just want it right.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
Sent mine out two weeks ago. I don't care how long it takes, I just want it right.
I'm sending mine out Monday... I don't have high hopes though. From what I can tell, pertaining to the fetching clearance issue, these "spacers" alone are not going to fix the problem. Even if they took the spacer over the cams totally out, it's only going to give us an extra 1/16" of clearance at best. That's not enough. Maybe that coupled with larger diameter cable guard rods might give us enough clearance. It seems to me they are grabbing at straws now trying to remedy a major design flaw. Our arrows are still going to be aimed way down in the front at full draw, maybe even worse. I'm also interested to see if the string pushes over the tops of the string stops, because after the "cam spacer fix" the string will no longer be impacting the middle of the rubbers. It will be higher. The only way I see to fix this thing is redesign it, and start over, but with the cost involved that will never happen. So I fear we will be the owners of a subpar piece of equipment and offered "fixes" to pacify us. Don't get me wrong, I have been a PSE supporter/ customer since my first bow 30 years ago and this one issue won't change that but I really believe something went really wrong in the design process of this bow.Maybe it's time for Daddy Pete to step back in and reiterate how things are supposed to be done. Lol
Old 11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyhunting View Post
I'm sending mine out Monday... I don't have high hopes though. From what I can tell, pertaining to the fetching clearance issue, these "spacers" alone are not going to fix the problem. Even if they took the spacer over the cams totally out, it's only going to give us an extra 1/16" of clearance at best. That's not enough. Maybe that coupled with larger diameter cable guard rods might give us enough clearance. It seems to me they are grabbing at straws now trying to remedy a major design flaw. Our arrows are still going to be aimed way down in the front at full draw, maybe even worse. I'm also interested to see if the string pushes over the tops of the string stops, because after the "cam spacer fix" the string will no longer be impacting the middle of the rubbers. It will be higher. The only way I see to fix this thing is redesign it, and start over, but with the cost involved that will never happen. So I fear we will be the owners of a subpar piece of equipment and offered "fixes" to pacify us. Don't get me wrong, I have been a PSE supporter/ customer since my first bow 30 years ago and this one issue won't change that but I really believe something went really wrong in the design process of this bow.Maybe it's time for Daddy Pete to step back in and reiterate how things are supposed to be done. Lol
I agree about the fletching, spacers alone are not the answer. It's very apparent that they didn't test the Tac before release. If they did, this issue would've been detected after only a couple of shots.