Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Quiver/Mountains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 AM

Quiver/Mountains

Going Elk hunting in the mountains of Colorado,is a hip quiver the best way to carry my arrows loaded with Spitfire expandable broadheads,and what quiver?Also,whats the best way to carr the tac elite,is there some way to carry it on my back? thanks, Longtines
Old 06-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Quiver/Mountains

Longtines, I use a hip quiver with my Elite. I don't know if it's the best way, but it is convenient. The Tac is heavy enough by itself, I wouldn't want to add to it. The one I use was made by Trautmans outdoor creations, and holds 8 arrows. I don't think they're in business any longer. As for carrying the Tac, I use a backpack style double sling made by GrovTec. It works great and holds the Tac securely in the center of your back. You'll have to pick up a piccatinny rail sling adapter to use any sling. Again, maybe not the best way but it works for me. Good luck on your hunt.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Re: Quiver/Mountains

Mike K /NJ
Is it possible for me to talk to you on the telephone about the backpack sling for the Elite,I have a few more questions for you and find it easier via phone, you can email me your number at tvieth@new.rr.com or call at 715-735-0376.
thank you
Longtines