Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

QAD rest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 AM
Bronze Member

QAD rest

Now that hunting season is over , I am thinking about installing the drop away rest on my Tac. I have a question for those that have one already. Was it worth it? Did it improve shooting and accuracy enough to justify the cost?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: QAD rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
Now that hunting season is over , I am thinking about installing the drop away rest on my Tac. I have a question for those that have one already. Was it worth it? Did it improve shooting and accuracy enough to justify the cost?
I feel the drop away rest was worth it. But because I made numerous improvements to my TAC 15, including changing arrow vanes, I can not contribute all improved shooting accuracy to drop away rest.

The key improvement with drop away rest is vanes are no longer being shoved through brushes of whisker biscuit. My arrow vanes are no longer being re-shaped on launch and are not being brushed off arrows.

In hind sight, I should have measured arrow velocities before and after with same arrows to see if going to drop away increased arrow velocities.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Bronze Member

Okie, Thanks for your reply. I have the "new and unimproved" Tac Elite. Im on the fence, weather or not to spend any more money on this thing.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
I have the "new and unimproved" Tac Elite. Im on the fence, weather or not to spend any more money on this thing.
If I owned a TAC Elite, I would not make any changes to it, until the existing issues were resolved. Whether that be by PSE or by me or both. You don't want to fight existing problems mixed with a new problem. And there is possibility manufacture will say you voided warranty.

BTW: I feel for TAC Elite owners. I know what it is like to own a very expensive piece of equipment (5 times cost of a TAC), from a name brand manufacture, and have problems that are 1) random, 2) flaky, 3) factory quality/defect, 4) fan boys deny, and 5) go unresolved.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Bronze Member

My Elite was in for the recall repair and the problem still exists, just to a lesser degree. I was hoping the drop away would improve things just a little more.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Field Editor

Mike,

What problem still exists?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Backus View Post
Mike,

What problem still exists?
Andy, I'm still getting fletching contact. But it's not as severe as before the recall. I'm a little picky about tuning my equipment, and the best I can get is a 5/8 to 3/4 inch tear during paper tuning. Trying to adjust the whisker biscuit is a real pain as I'm sure you know. I was hoping the drop away would help.