Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

pse tac 15i bolts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 PM

pse tac 15i bolts

HI I am new to this forum does anyone know where I can get tac bolts made the right way. I have a tac 15i on the way I should have it in a day or two
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: pse tac 15i bolts

Right here on LRH is a good place to buy.
The prices are quite competitive!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Silver Member

Hi TDEER,
I know you're new to the sport and trying to get acclimated, so please don't take this the wrong way, but you'll need to make a minor modification in your verbiage. Today's modern crossbows don't shoot "Bolts". They all shoot arrows.

I know some of the manufacturers refer to them as "Bolts", but they too are being corrected and changing their terminology to arrows as well. A Bolt was a medieval projectile fired from a crossbow. It was only about 8 or 9 inches long, made of all metal or thick wood ground to a point on the front end and had no nock or vanes. It was only good for very short shots of up to a max of 20 yards, but could be used to pierce chain male or armor of the day. They were also often called quarrels.

Nobody has seen or used them in hundreds of years, but the name seems to have been wrongly associated with crossbows.

We need to fix the mistake because in many states where we're fighting for the legalization of crossbows for hunting in the same season as all other archery bows, anti crossbow groups are trying to say that crossbows don't shoot arrows they "Fire" "Bolts". We know they don"t "Fire" anything because there's no gun powder involved and they use arrows with nocks, vanes and removable points, just like any other type of bow.

i hope this helps with the crossbow education and good luck with getting some good arrows for Len or Andy.

Regards,

Jon
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM

sorry from now on its arrows
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Hi TDEER,
No appology necessary, it's just part of the learning curve to becoming a knowledgeable crossbower.

All of us on this forum are here to help those who have an interest in learning and most of us have made some good friends and met a lot of great people who share a similar passion.

Welcome aboard, I'm glad to have another new shooter in the group. It's been said correctly numerous times that each of us need a pretty thick skin to participate in any forums because text messages don't always express the correct sentiment or emotions, so once in a while people read into messages and get their feelings bruised. That said, keep an open mind and stay with us, you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know and then some.

Regards,

Jon