close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Reply

My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM
PUBLISHER
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,515
Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

I will shoot it through a chrony when I get a little further along. I expect the 100 ys speed to be in the range of 330 or so. Kinetic energy will not be an issue. I think it is over rated as a means of defining arrow killing power anyway. It takes so little to push a sharp blade through an animal.

Jim, the trigger is great. I was getting all those wonderful groups with the original factory trigger, too, at the yardages I was shooting at. It's just that I am so used to a 2 pound or so pull weight that I thought I better stick with that for consistency throughout my archery and rifle hunting season. And the PSE guys get the same 100 yard groups as I just got with the factory trigger.
__________________
- -
Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

.

Last edited by Len Backus; 06-30-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 7,001
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
    I will shoot it through a chrony when I get a little further along. I expect the 100 ys speed to be in the range of 330 or so. Kinetic energy will not be an issue. I think it is over rated as a means of defining arrow killing power anyway. It takes so little to push a sharp blade through an animal.

    Jim, the trigger is great. I was getting all those wonderful groups with the original factory trigger, too, at the yardages I was shooting at. It's just that I am so used to a 2 pound or so pull weight that I thought I better stick with that for consistency throughout my archery and rifle hunting season. And the PSE guys get the same 100 yard groups as I just got with the factory trigger.
    Len. Great shooting!!!!!

    I noticed that you refer to your cross bow as a TAC 15 I Is that correct or do you have the one
    that uses the AR 15 lower (TAC 15).

    just curious to see what you though about the I model is that was the one you had.

    The one I ordered was the TAC 15 because I had a lower with a custom trigger.

    J E CUSTOM
    __________________
    "PRESS ON"
    Reply With Quote

      #10  
    Unread 06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Libby, MT
    Posts: 237
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    OOOOkay, help me out here guys, I might be missing something. The picture I am looking at looks like a group of six with the arrow still in the far right hole. That group looks to be about 5.5 to 6 inches. where is the sub two inch group?
    Reply With Quote
      #11  
    Unread 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
    PUBLISHER
     
    Join Date: May 2001
    Posts: 6,515
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    Here you go:
    Quote:
    I shot this group mostly with just one arrow that I had sorted for. So the 2 holes on the left were the first, then I adjusted windage on the scope and continued shooting the group.
    So you must mentally superimpose the 2 holes on the left over the 4 holes on the right. I shot one arrow at a time, walked down to the target, retrieved the arrow, went 100 yards back to my bow, shot the next shot, etc.

    Really tiring to do it that way!
    __________________
    - -
    Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

    .
    Reply With Quote
      #12  
    Unread 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
    Posts: 8,859
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    Great shooting.

    The PSE TAC 15 seems to be one heck of a machine.

    How many rounds before the bore is shot out?
    Reply With Quote
      #13  
    Unread 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 7,001
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
    Great shooting.

    The PSE TAC 15 seems to be one heck of a machine.

    How many rounds before the bore is shot out?
    And the bullets can be used more than once.

    J E CUSTOM
    __________________
    "PRESS ON"
    Reply With Quote
      #14  
    Unread 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Tennessee
    Posts: 253
    Re: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
    Len. Great shooting!!!!!

    I noticed that you refer to your cross bow as a TAC 15 I Is that correct or do you have the one
    that uses the AR 15 lower (TAC 15).

    just curious to see what you though about the I model is that was the one you had.

    The one I ordered was the TAC 15 because I had a lower with a custom trigger.

    J E CUSTOM
    What am I missing here. I thought the tac 15 is only sold as a upper and the AR Lower you have to buy seperate.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: My PSE TAC 15 i crossbow puts 6 arrows into 1.875 inches -- at 100 yards!
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    August Apple 335 PUTS Boss Hoss General Discussion 0 08-25-2011 08:17 AM
    Failure to adjust scope parallax degrades crossbow group size by 3 to 4 inches Len Backus PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum 1 08-07-2011 09:49 PM
    Canting your crossbow can mean 12 inch error at 100 yards Len Backus PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum 0 01-06-2011 07:43 AM
    Dad Puts Elk Down!!! WITH VIDEO joecool Elk Hunting 19 11-25-2008 02:14 PM
    257 Allen Mag puts some more meat in the freezer..... Fiftydriver Long Range Hunting & Shooting 4 10-27-2005 06:18 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC