Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Most accurate broadheads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM

Most accurate broadheads

I have been able to achieve 1" groups with my tac 15 at 50 yds and some times at 75 yds, but have not been able to consistently get better than 3 " groups at 50 yds with broadheads. Lots of new broadheads are entering the market, anyone having any luck with them at farther distances ?

BTW the wasp jackhammers will group OK, just use 2 orings
Old 06-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: Most accurate broadheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabuck View Post
I have been able to achieve 1" groups with my tac 15 at 50 yds and some times at 75 yds, but have not been able to consistently get better than 3 " groups at 50 yds with broadheads. Lots of new broadheads are entering the market, anyone having any luck with them at farther distances ?

BTW the wasp jackhammers will group OK, just use 2 orings
I use Rocket Steelhead XL's and two O-rings.
They are pretty accurate out to 50 yards. It's been a while and I can't quote you a group size at a certain range. However, I was very happy with them last summer, and 33 deer last season were very unhappy with them.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:32 PM

Based on an old information thread about 2 years ago here on LRH I use Phat Head (125's I think). I shoot using the same one arrow only, and use the HS Optimiser Scope Base and replaced the whisker biscuit with a two prong fall away rest that I forget the name of. That shoots a 3" bullseye out to 80 yards on non-windy days. Can't rest the bow on the front rail to shoot either and get any consistency, so I finally put a bi-pod under the hand rest. It shoots unbelievable out to 100 and 120 yards with a target arrow off a solid rest, but I never backed up that far with the broadhead. If you can't find that old thread I will look up the name of the rest if you want. Hope that helps.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 PM

Just shot a 1 inch group with my just arrived Rocket Steelhead XL's at 50 yards.
Created a practice broadhead by super glueing the blades in place, this prevents the blades and head from being damaged when deploying

Thanks for the advice on the Rockets Twanger

Initial results look prommissing
Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 PM

Rocket Steelhead XL's I have been getting 1" groups at 73yds, great shooting head for the TAC
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM

We have been directed to shoot the Ramcat 100gr. Both for accuracy[grouping] and killing ability. This is from a PSE rep who is shooting them in his tac 15 with several kills using this broadhead.