Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Lose the Biscuit and Improve Your TAC15/15I Shooting Performance - By Russell Beach

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Silver Member

Re: Lose the Biscuit and Improve Your TAC15/15I Shooting Performance - By Russell Bea

Hi Mike,
When finished with your current testing maybe you could send Andy a picture or two of your installation so he can post it for other members that might be interested in upgrading their TAC's to one of these rests.

The only note I'd like to add is that the bracket that is made for this rest is a direct match up to the 2010 and 2011 TAC Crossbows, but if you have anything earlier than a 2010 model you will require the spacer that is seen on Russell's crossbow pictures in the instruction set.

It took us a while to figure out that there is a slight difference in the front mounting of the older units.

Regards,

Jon
Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 PM

Re: Lose the Biscuit and Improve Your TAC15/15I Shooting Performance - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Backus View Post
  • With the bow in the full draw position, safety on, thread the Timing Cord under the riser and through the Collar that comes with the Bracket so that it comes out of the hole for the Cord Lock Screw. Look at the first photo for the hole where the Timing Cord goes into the Collar. Rotate the Launcher to the Full Draw (90 degree) Position, tighten the Timing Cord so the Launcher is held in the 90 degree position and then tighten the Cord Lock Screw on the front of the Collar. See photo below taken from underneath the riser.
Attachment 3892
  • The photo below is a low frontal view of the Launcher in the Capture (80 degree) position after adjusting and tightening the Timing Cord Lock Screw at full draw and then letting the bow string down to the String Stoppers. You can see the Timing Cord exiting the hole with the Cord Lock Screw.

Note! The Collar replaces the Thumb Wheel that comes mounted on the Launcher shaft. Directions with the Bracket will tell you to remove the Thumb Wheel and retain the Cord Lock Screw for use with the new Collar.
  • I coiled the extra length of Timing Cord and will trim and burn the end of it after final adjustment of the QAD rest.
Attachment 3893
  • The next photo is also a low frontal view showing the Launcher in the Drop Away Position (0 degrees). You can see the entry hole for the Timing Cord where the Timing cord wraps around the Collar
Attachment 3894
  • After final a check and tightening of all screws, you should be ready to paper tune and complete final adjustment of your QAD Ultra Rest Pro HDX Drop Away Rest.
  • Paper tuning and final adjustments I will leave to each individual archer as most of us have our own method of doing certain things. Good luck and good shooting.

This article was written by Russell Beach (rmbeach)

To purchase the QAD Ultrarest HDX and Custom TAC 15/15i Mounting Bracket by Archery Unlimited, Inc. at the LRH Online Store - CLICK HERE
dear russell
top article you make me buy one (so,i just did) hop the installation will be ok
cheers
Old 01-15-2012, 09:45 PM

Re: Lose the Biscuit and Improve Your TAC15/15I Shooting Performance - By Russell Bea

Dear Russell
top article make me buy one (so i just did) hope the installation will be ok
cheers
Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Silver Member

Hi Golani51,
Please keep in mind when performing this upgrade to your crossbow that after the installation is complete it's mandatory that you take the time to carefully re-tune your center shot by paper tuning from the beginning again.

This is due to the fact that your arrows will perform differently since their spine properties are no longer being interfered with by the bristles from the Whisker Biscuit or any other type of restrictions.

Russell or Andy can help you with advice if you get stuck anywhere.

Regards,

Jon
Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani51 View Post
Dear Russell
top article make me buy one (so i just did) hope the installation will be ok
cheers
You are going to like the way your crossbow shoots when you complete the upgrade. As Jon said in his post "carefully re-tune your center shot by paper tuning from the beginning again".

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Regards,

Russell
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Silver Member

Hi Russ,
I hope all is well for you and the family, my best regards!

It's the dead of winter and now that the holidays have finally past, I'm just getting back to testing and tinkering. Super 91 has sold his TAC15i, but at some point when he's ready he'll be looking to start over with another custom TAC15.

For the time being he's got his hands full with other priorities, so it may be a while before he'll have any time to spend on the forum.

The good news is that I've noticed that Okiebowie has been spending more time helping people out for the past couple of months.

Super 91 was out at the ATA Show last week, so he saw all the new Archery Products that were being introduced for this year. I should have some playback that I can share soon.

Regards,

Jon
Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 PM

hi guys thank for your reply unfortunately i could not buy the QAD rest i am not a us citizen i live in the netherlands same for the timney trigger i ordered what a shame
p.s.
do you know abut any alternative that i can get it any way
cheers