Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Hot New TAC15/15i Arrows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Hot New TAC15/15i Arrows

Many places in Africa, you are not allow to shot an animal unless your archery projectile is at least 1000 grains. That is why I make this so there is not an issue when you show up. I just do not like the concept of packed sand or steel rods in an arrow. Those rigged arrow have no consistency and accuracy on shoot over 20 yards if that far.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorge View Post
Many places in Africa, you are not allow to shot an animal unless your archery projectile is at least 1000 grains. That is why I make this so there is not an issue when you show up. I just do not like the concept of packed sand or steel rods in an arrow. Those rigged arrow have no consistency and accuracy on shoot over 20 yards if that far.
And thank you for it.

A 1000 grain arrow and 100 pound bow "ARE" required in lots of countries if you plan on
taking one or all of the Big 5.(I wonder why)????

As for over kill, As some say "There is no such thing as over kill" Dead is dead.

An arrow kills with momentum and heavy arrows will always penetrate further.

With normal deer hunting I used between 90 and 96 pounds of bow weight and 700 to 800
grain arrows and never failed to completely penetrate deer end to or end side to side leaving
an entrance and an exit hole doubling the blood trail and reducing the bleed out time +
it allows you to look at the arrow and evaluate the hit to decide if you wan 't to start tracking
or wait until morning.

Also one of the preferred Long range hits on game is the High shoulder shot, because it normally
puts them down right there. With heavy arrows and heavy bow weights this a good shot if tracking
conditions are not good (Rain, high winds,Etc) and you want to see the game fall.

I have shot very large hogs when charging and put the arrow completely through from front to
back and ended a vary bad situation quickly. and the hogs never complained about over kill.

The only bad thing about heavy arrows is the trajectory and requiring more practice everything
else is a plus.

Thanks again for saving me from having to glue one shaft inside another to add weight and spine.

J E CUSTOM
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Silver Member

I'd like to thank Dorge and J.E. Custom both for taking the time to explain and enlighten all of us readers to the international regulations for Truly Big Game Hunting.

I think most people have never really been exposed to it and are therefore somewhat limited as to what it really takes to take down these types of animals,so therefore their knowledge is limited to only what they have experience with.

Dorge has an excellent understanding of a much broader world and obviously J.E. Custom also has a similar knowledge base. Both should be recognized and thanked for sharing this knowledge with everybody whop reads this form.

Hats off to both of you for being so kind as to share this knowledge!

On a different note - hopefully everybody who reads this thread will now have a better understanding of what I've been raving about when I opened this thread and pointed out the extreme benefit and value that each shooter gets with the ownership of the new arrows that Firenock is producing in this series.

The new Aerobolt II 200's will deliver a type of accuracy and penetration performance that is unmatched in a production arrow by anybody else world wide.

Don't just take my word for it, try some and see for yourself. I'm willing to bet that you'll never go back to shooting anything else again.

Regards,

Jon
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Silver Member

Funny Jon! Reminds me of a friend, Don Wald, that has moved on to his final reward... When somebody would ask if some marginal caliber would kill deer, he'd say "Wall, you knooow, you could kill a deer with a rancid corn beef sandwich too, but there better choices!"
Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Silver Member

Hi Twanger,
Your friend sounded like a wise man!

Once in a while I think it's important to lighten things up a bit with a little humor. We can all use a little now and then considering the type of stressful world we live in.

Just think, we were able to get a few people to laugh or at least smile and still get the important technical information on the table. Not bad!

Jon
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Bronze Member

I got the pricing done. The great new is that I am going to charge only $1.00 more for this new shaft. So it is $69.00 for 3. While Dragon slayer, due to the 3 full size carbon shafts and the labor involved, it is going to be starting $114.00 for 3 with vanes, points and pods, excluding any custom spine indexing, and Firenocks.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
Funny Jon! Reminds me of a friend, Don Wald, that has moved on to his final reward... When somebody would ask if some marginal caliber would kill deer, he'd say "Wall, you knooow, you could kill a deer with a rancid corn beef sandwich too, but there better choices!"
That is good !!!!

I never tried a corn beef sandwich, but I do try to be prepaired for any circumstances when
hunting and the heavy arrows worked when a light weight arrow would not,and the shot never
presented itself.

I always hunted with Murphy(Of Murphy's law) and if it could happen it did. Lots of times I had
a perfict setup but the game would never give me the perfict broadside shot so many times I
was able to take a shoulder shot or a frontal shot with complete penetration and save the
hunt and defeat Murphy in the process.

I'm not saying a heavy arrow is for everyone, unless you are using small broad heads and taking
only ribcage shot light arrows will work.

The other benefit of heavy arrows is the bow or crossbow will be much quieter.

J E CUSTOM