Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Hopefully a deer killin machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Hopefully a deer killin machine

I got a really good deal on a tac15 on ebay and couldnt resist.... Its extremely front heavy so I added a steady eddy monopod. I started thinking about this things accuracy and range estimation. So added a bushnell yardage pro scope.. Im going to use the mildots for my aiming points. So hopefully it will be range..aim ... shoot... all with one movement... hopefully its a dear killin machine. Here is link to a youtube video I posted explaining the crossbow and excessories. hopefully this scope and crossbow combination work out as well as I hope. I havent had a chance to shoot it much with this combination.... Let me know what you..all think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8153a...I3NollqfNVY%3D

Last edited by luv2bowhunt; 04-17-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: didnt post as expected
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Hopefully a deer killin machine

Hi Luv2bowhunt,
Welcome aboard and we're glad to have another new TAC owner.

If you want to really insure its at its best accuracy possible, I'd recommend you spend some time reading the articles that have been posted in the past that explain exactly how to level and square your TAC15/15i. Once this has been done, follow the paper tuning step-by-steps and then you can begin the sighting in process.

if you skip the basic steps, you're going to come back asking questions and looking for help when it's not as accurate as you'd like at certain distances, but anybody who knows what their talking about when it comes to these crossbows are going to send you back to do what you should have done to begin with.

Save yourself the time, frustration and work by doing the right things up front.

Regards,

Jon Henry
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 PM

Here is another video that my oldest son made for me today.. He even chronographed it.. I think he is in love. But I think he is afraid of the limb issues. He is talking about Scorpyd an awful lot. I think also considering possibly a bowtech sz380.

Last edited by luv2bowhunt; 06-30-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: link
Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Silver Member

Hi luv2bowhunt,
I'm not advocating anybody's products, but I am trying to get you (and your son) to understand that although on very rare occasion a limb problem turns up from one og the thousands of TAC15's in the market place, it is by no means common or unique to only PSE's products.

I know and respect the latest ScorpyD crossbows, but everyone should be aware they are more riddled with there own unique problems than PSE's crossbows ever were. ScorpyD is doing a great job of trying to address and correct their flaws in exactly the same manner as PSE has addressed there's over the years. It's just that ScorpyD is a much newer product line, so it's not been around long enough to work out all the problems. This usually takes a couple of years before each manufacturer gets all the problems figured out and addressed.

For the record, there is no crossbow made by any manufacturer anywhere, that is problem free and highly reliable, unless it's a non-compound low speed unit.
The higher the speed, the more unstable the crossbow is, due to the high stress applied to all moving parts. That said, PSE is about as close as any manufacturer to producing a solid unit, plus any bugs or malfunctions that might show up have all been seen before and there are know fixes for all.

Welcome aboard! Your crossbow and the way you have it set up looks great. Get some shooting time in well in advance of the fall before hunting season arrives.

Regards,

Jon Henry