Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

hha 0pitimzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 09:41 PM

hha 0pitimzer

has anybody else had any problems with sighting in the optimizer. i went from shooting a silver dollar group at 70 yards to a 10 inch group have checked and tryed all i know, getting ready to through it in the trash bin any ideas
Old 07-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: hha 0pitimzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain cur View Post
has anybody else had any problems with sighting in the optimizer. i went from shooting a silver dollar group at 70 yards to a 10 inch group have checked and tryed all i know, getting ready to through it in the trash bin any ideas
Nope. Mine works just right, all the way out to 125 yards.

I did have my scope rings loosen up (didn't lok-tight the screws) and that really raised havoc with my accuracy.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
Nope. Mine works just right, all the way out to 125 yards.

I did have my scope rings loosen up (didn't lok-tight the screws) and that really raised havoc with my accuracy.
Agree. I had zero problems making my chart past 100 yds. It HAS to be something moving. Maybe disassemble, inspect, and reattach?

Before starting, I had my bow tuned and ready using a Nightforce scope. When I was happy that all was well, only then did the Optimizer & a different scope go on. It was clear sailing. Literally no problems at all.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM

think i found the problem the scope rail is is not centered its 1/16 th inch off to one side, anybody had this problem
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

By itself, a 1/16th of an inch offset would not cause the score or crossbow to shoot poor groups.

It could potentially cause you to not be able to zero the scope because you run out of windage-control (left/right) travel, or could even cause you to damage your scope if you keep cranking on the windage knob until something breaks.

I still suspect something is loose. Poor groups are almost always due to something being loose, or more generally that something is inconsistent from shot to shot.

A fixed bias offset can make set-up difficult or impossible and would cause your bow to not shoot to a point of aim of your choosing. It would not cause arrows to scatter.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
By itself, a 1/16th of an inch offset would not cause the score or crossbow to shoot poor groups.

It could potentially cause you to not be able to zero the scope because you run out of windage-control (left/right) travel, or could even cause you to damage your scope if you keep cranking on the windage knob until something breaks.

I still suspect something is loose. Poor groups are almost always due to something being loose, or more generally that something is inconsistent from shot to shot.

A fixed bias offset can make set-up difficult or impossible and would cause your bow to not shoot to a point of aim of your choosing. It would not cause arrows to scatter.
Agree. Also go back to the paper and check tuning. It's quick! I once found my front rest had moved (bent) somehow, while I had spent hours looking at my rear setup. Arrows were wobbling all over the field and I didn't know it.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
PUBLISHER

Parallax error?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors