Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum


Reply

hha 0pitimzer

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
hha 0pitimzer

has anybody else had any problems with sighting in the optimizer. i went from shooting a silver dollar group at 70 yards to a 10 inch group have checked and tryed all i know, getting ready to through it in the trash bin any ideas
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 167
Re: hha 0pitimzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain cur View Post
has anybody else had any problems with sighting in the optimizer. i went from shooting a silver dollar group at 70 yards to a 10 inch group have checked and tryed all i know, getting ready to through it in the trash bin any ideas
Nope. Mine works just right, all the way out to 125 yards.

I did have my scope rings loosen up (didn't lok-tight the screws) and that really raised havoc with my accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arco, ID. USA
Posts: 51
Re: hha 0pitimzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
Nope. Mine works just right, all the way out to 125 yards.

I did have my scope rings loosen up (didn't lok-tight the screws) and that really raised havoc with my accuracy.
Agree. I had zero problems making my chart past 100 yds. It HAS to be something moving. Maybe disassemble, inspect, and reattach?

Before starting, I had my bow tuned and ready using a Nightforce scope. When I was happy that all was well, only then did the Optimizer & a different scope go on. It was clear sailing. Literally no problems at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Re: hha 0pitimzer

think i found the problem the scope rail is is not centered its 1/16 th inch off to one side, anybody had this problem
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 167
Re: hha 0pitimzer

By itself, a 1/16th of an inch offset would not cause the score or crossbow to shoot poor groups.

It could potentially cause you to not be able to zero the scope because you run out of windage-control (left/right) travel, or could even cause you to damage your scope if you keep cranking on the windage knob until something breaks.

I still suspect something is loose. Poor groups are almost always due to something being loose, or more generally that something is inconsistent from shot to shot.

A fixed bias offset can make set-up difficult or impossible and would cause your bow to not shoot to a point of aim of your choosing. It would not cause arrows to scatter.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arco, ID. USA
Posts: 51
Re: hha 0pitimzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
By itself, a 1/16th of an inch offset would not cause the score or crossbow to shoot poor groups.

It could potentially cause you to not be able to zero the scope because you run out of windage-control (left/right) travel, or could even cause you to damage your scope if you keep cranking on the windage knob until something breaks.

I still suspect something is loose. Poor groups are almost always due to something being loose, or more generally that something is inconsistent from shot to shot.

A fixed bias offset can make set-up difficult or impossible and would cause your bow to not shoot to a point of aim of your choosing. It would not cause arrows to scatter.
Agree. Also go back to the paper and check tuning. It's quick! I once found my front rest had moved (bent) somehow, while I had spent hours looking at my rear setup. Arrows were wobbling all over the field and I didn't know it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
PUBLISHER
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 5,960
Parallax error?
__________________


Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC