Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

FireNock on TAC15 arrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Field Editor

Re: FireNock on TAC15 arrow

vinceau

I just recently discovered that there seems to be a bit less clearance between the arrows' vanes and the criss-crossed cables below on the new Elites and Ordnances. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the PSE arrows, but the Firenock Aerobolts have wider vanes that are at risk of making contact with the cables. I'm guessing that's what was happening to yours.

I'll be talking with one of the main PSE crossbow engineers this week (he was gone on an elk hunt last week). I'll get back to you guys with anything I learn.

Andy

Old 10-07-2013, 08:12 AM

I just received my FireNocks and am ready to give them a trial run. What interests me most about this forum is the information that people like myself have acquired and are willing to share with other members. I am sure that the PSE engineers are following this forum but are reluctant to reply or advise due to product liability issues.

I ask the same question that I asked earlier. Are the Bulldog rings necessary with the new PSE TAC15 arrows when you change to the FireNock lighted nocks?

Why hasn't PSE offered a drop away with this crossbow as an option if the whisker biscuit is causing such a problem as tearing/distorting fletches? The only thing that PSE said to me was not to modify the crossbow in any way or I would possibly cancel the warranty by adding after market. Proceeding with caution.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 AM

Any suggestions about safely removing factory nock from PSE TAC15 arrows so that I can install my FireNocks?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Field Editor

I have not personally used the Bulldog collars with the Firenocks but others swear by them.

To remove the factory nocks, which are glued in, I put the arrow in a padded vice and grab the nock with a pliers or vice-grips and give it a twist. Usually the glue bond breaks easily and the nock wiggles out. Every once in a while I find one where it doesn't easily break loose. In that case, I skip that arrow so as not to break the nock and have a useless arrow.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Bronze Member

Vinceau, you mentioned that your fetching seemed to be hitting something even after installing the drop away. Is it the bottom right hand side fletch that is getting torn up more than the others?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM

Ok all morning at the Pro Shop and we still don't have a good paper tune. The bow tech is going to still work on it. We got the horizontal solved but the verticle is still problematic. We did discover the what was hitting the fletchings was the criss cross cable. So the bow tech is going to call PSE to determine how to adjust the limbs to solve the verticle as opposed to lowering the QAD. Once I get an arrow going straight out of the bow then I still have to find a broad head. They had me shooting a QAD Exodus and it was at least hitting in the same spot consistently. I have my scope maxed out both to the left and down. I think I am going to have to turn it over to sight in the bow once we get it paper tuned. All broad heads are hitting almost a foot right of the field points. The tech said that he can probably fix that but I still won't know where the scope is going to be. I'm shooting a Nikon air gun scope to handle the forward force and it is on a HHA. It was a deadly combo on my old Horton. At leas it's just a single cross hair so I can turn it upside down, but whoo'd a thunk it. I'm going to give up on the Firenock thing until I get a stock arrow with a broadhead going downrange.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
Vinceau, you mentioned that your fetching seemed to be hitting something even after installing the drop away. Is it the bottom right hand side fletch that is getting torn up more than the others?
Mike the answer to that is yes. I think it is because that is the topside cross in the cable. Only one of the four fletchings is getting didtorted and the black markings is on the white side.