Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

is everyone's tac this horrible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Banned

is everyone's tac this horrible?

Heard alot about the tac 15. When I found a place selling the complete set up for $999 new including the ar lower, bolts, case, scope, etc I bought one and now I really regret it. Will not shoot any better than a 5" group at the 20 yard range at my archery pro shop. I have replaced the scope, checked the cams, etc etc and we cannot find a problem. Shop says about half of the tacs shoot relatively good and the other half are horrible. Thinking about dumping the thing on ebay. Anyone else have horrible accuracy???
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

Re: is everyone's tac this horrible?

No Tac should shoot that bad.
These are precision machines capable of truly groundbreaking accuracy.
Mine will shoot 1-inch groups at 50 yards in box-stock condition.
So clearly you have some kind of malfunction.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

It sounds like you may have the wrong shafts or the arrow rest is not the right one or is installed
wrong.

Take one of your shafts/arrows and strip the fetching off of it. Then shoot it into a piece of paper
set at 5 yards and 10 yards.

If the hole it makes is torn (Not round) It is an indication of a poor launch from the rest or
the shaft spine is to weak to handle the G force of the bow.

If you bought it for $999.00 something was wrong (The AR lower cost should be around
$500.00 by it's self), Leaving only $500.00 for a $1200.00 Tac 15.

These things are so powerful that everything has to be right for them to perform correctly.

J E CUSTOM
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Mine did that when i first got it. the whisker biscutt was loose not tight at all. I just ordered my QAD rest from here, ready to put it on. I have read all these post and if i were you i would start with the rest. there are too many varibles with the WB.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 AM

Mine is great once I learned how to shoot it, you have to hold it like you mean it to hold it. It like to be held tightly when you are shooting it and when you do that it will be the most accurate crossbow you ever shot.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM

It's a love hate relationship for me
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Silver Member

Hi CPA0730jim,
First up - Your local pro shop doesn't know what they're talking about and is unqualified to touch your crossbow. We've seen just about ever possible problem a TAC15 can have and have managed to fix just about all of them to perform well.

You current have the eyes and ears of some of the best technical owners that exist on the TAC15/15i crossbow front, so they can certainly help and get you going in the right direction.

It doesn't make good sense to try an figure out why your crossbow is doing one thing and not another because it's all guess work without understanding how it's been set up from the beginning.

Please take my suggestions since they are the only sure way to get the job done correctly and see if you have a good shooting crossbow or something else. You need to go all the way back to the beginning as though you were just receiving it new out of the box. Make believe nobody has touched or done a thing to it and you were going to set it up from scratch.

Go back through the assembly process process and check to insure everything is aligned correctly and loosen and re-tighten everything.

Then, go through a strict leveling and squaring process. (If you search this forum, you'll find articles on how to set up, square and level your crossbow properly.

Then, go back through paper tuning from scratch. Don't worry about sighting anything in until you complete the paper tuning process and get the necessary results.

Once paper tuning has been completed then you can ask for help on moving forward, but it will depend on what accessories you have on your crossbow or how things are working at that time.

As you are performing the steps I've outlined above, you can always ask questions if you're unsure of anything.

Regards,

Jon Henry