Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Elite fletching clearance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Bronze Member

Elite fletching clearance

Has anyone figured out how to get the fletching to clear the harness on the Tac Elites once the bow has been papertuned? like maybe a certain type of low profile fletching or something?.......
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Elite fletching clearance

I was thinking about going back to my traditional roots and trying feathers instead of vanes. The feathers are much more forgiving. This is definitely a major design flaw on PSE's part, and don't understand why the difference between the 15i and the Elite. I hope they step up, acknowledge that there is a problem, and fix this issue.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
I was thinking about going back to my traditional roots and trying feathers instead of vanes. The feathers are much more forgiving. This is definitely a major design flaw on PSE's part, and don't understand why the difference between the 15i and the Elite. I hope they step up, acknowledge that there is a problem, and fix this issue.
Me too.... But we'll still be stuck with the "problem child".
Old 11-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Field Editor

Guys - PSE is aware of the problem and want to get it taken care of for you. Contact your dealer to coordinate with PSE.

There is a plastic spacer (bushing) above and below each cam. On the first Elites and Ordnance that PSE shipped, the spacers were the same size above and below. The fix is to have more spacer below and less above to raise the cams up a bit. In order to do this, the yokes on the buss cables need to be longer too.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Backus View Post
Guys - PSE is aware of the problem and want to get it taken care of for you. Contact your dealer to coordinate with PSE.

There is a plastic spacer (bushing) above and below each cam. On the first Elites and Ordnance that PSE shipped, the spacers were the same size above and below. The fix is to have more spacer below and less above to raise the cams up a bit. In order to do this, the yokes on the buss cables need to be longer too.
Great news! Thanks Andy!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Andy, this is great news as this is one of the things that bothered me the most. I hope this fixes the problem.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Bronze Member

I've been looking at my Elite and as far as I can see, even if we were to totally take out the top bushing over the cam, I only see the string height changing by 1/16"- 3/32". I don't really think that is enough to fix the problem but I will definitely help. The bushings coupled with larger diameter string guards I think would do it.. The bushings to raise up the level of the string and the guards to lower the level of the harness......