Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

D Ring / Loop Stretched out = Wont Fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:11 PM

Re: D Ring / Loop Stretched out = Wont Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
Andy with our serial numbers being consecutive its funny watching my buddy get his bow tuned up while I just sit there sipping ice tea.
easy their uncle si! lolol

Old 08-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Bronze Member

Similar thing happened to my new elite but difference was when I went to release it down the cocking rope broke destroying the bow.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Silver Member

Never had a D-Loop stretch, so I am thinking yours was made a little long at factory as Len suggested.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyTunaRoll View Post
so i got the bright idea to move the d-loop a little to the right by twisting it. well it worked well.
In my experience the D-loop should be centered down the middle of the rail when TAC 15 is all way let down. The D-loop is pulled to center of rail at full draw by shuttle and string catch (what hammer hits to release).

The cams should be at the same point of rotation at full draw and let down. If the cams are not in sync at both let down and full draw, you will have center shot problems that can cause arrows to hit left at one distance and right at another distance.

A word of caution. The TAC 15's draw weight is adjusted differently than normal compound bows. You need an experienced TAC dealer to show you how.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Bronze Member

Just a bit of advice: The regular string loops you get for compounds will work but they stretch so the trick is to pre stretch it. They come in around 4 inch sections. Tie the very ends of the section to the string as you normally would. This will leave you with a really long Loop. Now attach the slide and cock the bow. Let it back down and cock it again 3 or 4 times. Then if you have time, cock it and let it sit. Obviously ,the longer it sits the better as you are trying to remove any stretch from the loop.After this process , remove one side of the loop and wax the loop. The wax will allow you to pull your knots tighter and gives less initial stretch from the knot tightening the first time you cock it. Now tie your loose end to make the proper size loop, making sure to tie it a little bit shorter than it should be. the tightening of your new knot and the initial wear and tear will stretch the loop to the proper length...... It sounds like a lot of trouble but it's really not that much.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Bronze Member

Aha! I was able to get my hands on the Tac D loop strings. I have heard from everyone including a PSE tech on the phone that they will not release the Tac loops. You have to replace the entire string/cable assembly with the loop already attached, which is just silly to me. I contacted my local pro shop I deal with and he in turn explained the situation to his PSE rep. He had the loops in 3 days. Just wanted everyone to know that you can in fact get the loops by themselves. Just might have to press the right buttons.....