Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Can the stock trigger pull be reduced?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Can the stock trigger pull be reduced?

Can the stock trigger on the pse tac 15i xbow be modified to reduce the pull (lbs)?

Last edited by rc40099; 04-03-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: Can the stock trigger pull be reduced?

RC40099,
Although I'm not a gunsmith and not nearly knowledgeable enough on triggers to claim any type of expert status, it was my understanding from what I heard from many others and the manufacture that these triggers are not made to be modifiable in pull or travel. That's why most owners have been going the route of replacing them with other triggers.

I installed a Timney single stage trigger before even shooting my TAC15i and I love the performance, but at the same time one of our other members has done an excellent comparison study of the entire field of after market trigger manufactures for AR15 Triggers, so I would see if you can get his input because he can let you know everybody in the game and what their ratings and prices are.

He goes by the handle of Super 91 and he currently has a new TAC15i on order, so he's in the market for a new trigger. He was one of the original TAC15 owners, so he has a massive amount of experience with these crossbows.

Regards,

Jon
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM

Thanks Jon for infro. My bow shipped today. Do I search for ar15 triggers? Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

Hi RC40099,
Super 91 has already been contacted on your behalf, so please be patient. He has the link to this thread and I'm sure he'll respond as soon as he has the bandwidth to get back to you.

Len Backus who is the owner of this site is a distributor for Timney Triggers. He sells them at the same price Timney does, so he can supply a Timney, if that's what you decide on.

For anything else, I would suggest you wait for Super 91's analysis, since it's extremely well written and could save you hours of searching around and possibly making a less than perfect choice.

You're only going to do a trigger once, so make sure it's everything you expect and more. I know you'd like to get up and running as fast as you can, but doing it right is far more important than doing it fast.

Regards,

Jon
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Good advise.
Thanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Bronze Member

Hey Jon and RC,

Here is a write up I came across which has some really great info on a wide variety of triggers, and their differences and make up. It's a long read, but well worth it. After contacting many of the companies listed in the article, I have decided on the Timney for myself as well. I have used their triggers on many other weapons I own, and they have never let me down and they have superb customer service to boot.

The trigger PSE ships with their TAC-15i is completely non-adjustable due to the fact we have lawyers and sue happy people on this planet. They put a "safe" trigger in but if you want any accuracy at all, toss the factory trigger and get the Timney from Les here on this web-site. He has a great price and these triggers are mildly adjustable, extremely repeatable, and very crisp. Installation is a breeze and I suggest you take a look at Jon's install of his trigger as he has covered that very well.

Let us know how it goes and which trigger you go with and how it does for you.

Trigger/Fire Control Groups tested and evaluated - the "BEST" trigger for you??? - Page 1 - AR15.COM
Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM

Guys, I have that doe eye in the head light look on my face now. There is so much information it will take a little time to digest.
special thank to Jon and Super 91.
I'm such I will have questions.