Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

Mark, be patient, your bow will be returned. Shipping probably was delayed because of the Holidays. I sent mine in, and it took roughly one month. I started to worry also, but it showed up. Don't expect an email or a call from PSE, You won't get it. You didn't go wrong by purchasing your Tac from LRH, and it's not their fault in any way, so your complaint should not be with them! They just sell a product. PSE is to blame for this whole situation with an obvious lack of product testing, and worst of all, a lack of communication with their customers.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 AM

Thanks for the advice OkieBowie and DeerHunter
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyhunting View Post
Got mine back yesterday.. No way this is papertunedArrow rest way to the left, bow is scratched up, stock is cracked, didn't send back my crank, still has fletching contact but is better, 2 of he axle C clips were laying in the bag! I think there is more but I'm at work and don't have my list of problems that I wrote down ...Needless to say I am livid!
What happened to craftsmanship, and pride in what you do? You would think in OUR sport amongst ourselves we would find those traits.... Sad, really is. I feel wronged.
just sad bro....i never sent mine back...did my own fixes...not gonna send it out so they can just raise the cams and rest...pse quality control is in the crapper for sure...best is when my string fell apart after 15 shots cuz of those stupid brass spring speed thingys...i asked the dealer to get me a string without them....he said pse would not do it....so i bought a viper x.. did not have the material to make my own on hand...well...that took about 2 weeks...i chose viper x cuz whenver i ordered one it was in the mail box..like 2 days later...well i get the tac elite string...its 3 inches to short...i come to find out that americas best had bought out viper x...the guy there cant even find the correct length....and he says they are the ones that make all pse high end strings including tac..well have not heard from that guy in a few weeks now...another120bucks into the tac toilet....
Old 01-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member

If it's any consolation I never got a confirmation of PSE receiving my return either but it did come back, in bad shape though. So they 3day select shipped me a brand new one. I just left the pro shop and it's shooting perfect holes, after a lil adjustment. The fletchings just barely touch the cables still but not enough to hurt anything, literally just barely touching on the very tips of the fletchings. Hold on your bow will be back. Just call them and they'll look it up by your name or serial #. (520) 884 9065. They will take care of you. Ask for Teresa in customer service , she took great care of me and really cares about our situation.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:18 PM

Had an earlier TAC 15 which worked great but sold it thinking I might purchase the Elite down the road. After thoroughly reviewing this thread and seeing what PSE's customers are going through with this new design, I'm going to go withsomething else in the 400-425FPS Range. Will either be a Skorpyd, Darton or Mathews.