Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum

Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

YEP... Just like I said in the beginning, the cams cannot be lifted high enough to fix this problem as far as I can see. I hope somehow Im wrong when I get mine back. I should recieve mine back on the 2nd.If it is papertuned and has even the slightest clearance I will be happy. That's all we can really hope for at this point. I thought the idea was to build a bow around the flight of the arrow not to just launch an arrow out of what you built, there is a fundamental difference in thinking. If Im not satisfied with the results from PSE I am going to have a machine shop make me larger diameter cable guards.I guess about a 1/4" larger in diameter. That will give me an !/8" increase in clearance. Of course I'll need to adjust twists in the harness to account for added cam lean. I hope I don't end up regretting this purchase.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM

Be careful, I don't think the stock y - cables are long enough to work very well!
If I put 1/8" feeler gauges between the cable guards and the cables on both sides, the cam lean is way too much! Those few twists you got are not enough, for the upper limbs.

By the way, did someone know ( maybe Andy??? ), if they changed the length of the y - cables, when they added new spacers? Can i use my old maintenance kit, or not?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Bronze Member

I'm pretty sure they used new longer cables.

Chyhunting, don't get your hopes up. I've had mine back for about two weeks and haven't shot it yet. I don't have to shoot it to see the problem was not fixed but reduced. I do regret my purchase of the Tac. I had high expectations and wound up being very disappointed. This wasn't my first PSE, but it will be my last.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 PM

i rec. my first one the day after the recall came out. called out there and they
sent me a ra lable. so i called them back the next day when i shipped it out
and they sent it out the next day. the trick i found was to get the reps name
and ex no. so you can talk to the same person. it seamed to help.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K/NJ View Post
I'm pretty sure they used new longer cables.

Chyhunting, don't get your hopes up. I've had mine back for about two weeks and haven't shot it yet. I don't have to shoot it to see the problem was not fixed but reduced. I do regret my purchase of the Tac. I had high expectations and wound up being very disappointed. This wasn't my first PSE, but it will be my last.
So does it still have contact between the fletching and cables? I'm also wondering if their "papertune" is truly papertuned? I just still cannot wrap my head around how these problems made it to production. The only way I see to truly correct these issues is to redesign the bow ...... bottom line. Have we really paid this kind of money for this?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyhunting View Post
So does it still have contact between the fletching and cables? I'm also wondering if their "papertune" is truly papertuned? I just still cannot wrap my head around how these problems made it to production. The only way I see to truly correct these issues is to redesign the bow ...... bottom line. Have we really paid this kind of money for this?
I shot mine this week, and with a bare shaft I was getting a 6 inch up tear. So if they paper tuned them before they shipped them back, they didn't do a very good job. It is still making very slight fletching contact, nothing like before the recall. Paper tuning and resighting it in I put about 25 shots through it and the string weights haven't moved. It's not perfect, but it's finally usable.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Bronze Member

Got mine back yesterday.. No way this is papertunedArrow rest way to the left, bow is scratched up, stock is cracked, didn't send back my crank, still has fletching contact but is better, 2 of he axle C clips were laying in the bag! I think there is more but I'm at work and don't have my list of problems that I wrote down ...Needless to say I am livid!
What happened to craftsmanship, and pride in what you do? You would think in OUR sport amongst ourselves we would find those traits.... Sad, really is. I feel wronged.