Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Quote Of The Day

Quote of the Day - Jim Slinsky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote of the Day - Jim Slinsky

Quote:
"We all answer the calls of life: family, God, friends, and career. Some of us hear an additional voice, the call of conservation." - Jim Slinsky

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Quote of the Day - Jim Slinsky

Great quote. This comment kinda goes hand in hand with some of the replies on the ''polls'' concerning legalizing slingshots for griz, and using hippies for bait. Most extremists (on the hippie side) refuse to acknowledge the important roll outdoorsmen play in keeping a healthy and sustainable population of the animals and places we enjoy. Responsible use of ranching, logging, burning, and hunting meathods bennifit all of us, animals and people.
What better way to practice it than using hippies for bait! Awesome, maybe theyll(the hippies) heed the call and voulenteer thier services to bennifit us all. If not, we'll give em slingshots and a swift kick in the ***** haha

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Ditto winmag
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM

Re: Quote of the Day - gbritton

The greatest danger to American Freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.

--Thomas Jefferson--
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 AM
Platinum Member

I like Quotes that include God, removing God from government, family, friends, or career will end poorly. A complete thought that has only come to me recently, the removal of references to God in government buildings has a greater purpose. We are endowed by our Creator with certain rights, remove the Creator eliminate the rights. I respectfully disagree with the Thomas Jefferson's quote, that the danger is from government ignoring the Constitution, it's from a people rejecting God's role. I think Jefferson spoke like I have many times, with the mind set that God was a given, and the assumption his listeners all shared that view. Viewed in the context of the assault on our rights, the right to bear arms for many of us, but the others have all been trampled as well. The dismissal of God preceded this movement. The Founders consciousness of their fallibility, set up a system of checks and balances that reflects their scriptural view of man, and God.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 PM

Thomas Jefferson was, if I am not mistaken a preacher of the
gospel himself and new far to well the frailities of his fellow man.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
right on!